• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Financial - Incorrect Default Date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Financial - Incorrect Default Date

Hello,

I've been looking through my wife's credit file, and it looks like Lowell have an entry where the defaul date is 11 months after the last payment was made - and for a number of reasons, the difference of 4 months is important.

I was thinking about sending the letter below.

Lowell Financial Ltd
    Ellington House
    9 Savannah Way
    Leeds
    LS10 1AB

Dear Sir/Madam

Incorrect Default Date

Lowell Reference: XXXXXXXXX
    Original Company Name: Shop Direct
    Original Account Number: XXXXXXXXXX

I write regarding the above account which I settled earlier this year.

Having reviewed the data held by Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) regarding this account I note that the default date of “28/10/2014” has been recorded. I believe this date to be incorrect.

I have checked my past bank statements and note that the last payment I made to this account was a payment of £58.18, paid by debit card on 21st November 2013.

As guidance from the Information Commissioners Office states that a default should be registered between 3 months and 6 months after the first missed payment, I believe the date you have recorded does not comply with this guidance and is therefore incorrect.

I therefore ask that you immediately rectify this, updating the CRAs with a default date no later than 21st June 2014.

If, for whatever reason, you are unwilling or unable to make this correction my next step will be to lodge a formal complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.

Yours faithfully,

Is this my best course of action? And does anyone have experience of anything similar?

Any changes or comments, as ever, gratefully received.

Thanks,

WD
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X