• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RCT Homes/ Severn Insulations, Santia,,Asbestos removal and theft of property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCT Homes/ Severn Insulations, Santia,,Asbestos removal and theft of property

Hey there guys,, Im a newbie and hoping for some advice,, hope I have joined the right site,, so here goes:- I had a removal of an asbestos board in my council flat,, it was located in the Attic space. I was assured my belongings in the attic would be cared for, bagged up stored and returned, however if some items were affected and proved dangerous they would have to be destroyed. Sounds simple and straight forward...The reality was, I had my belongings left in the garden in the pouring rain, un-bagged so obviously not affected by the asbestos,, everything was taken and destroyed. It took weeks of asking for my belongings to be bought back... I received 3 small bags of random stuff. I have lost everything, my memorable items from my children,, their keepsake boxes,, photographs, Christmas/halloween decorations, my own childhood keepsakes, clothing,, the list goes on and every day I remember something else I have lost. NOBODY will answer my questions,, I have sent letters to the 3 companies involved,,phoned, e-mailed,, i have been bare faced lied to by the Asbestos manager from RCT Homes,, It took a whole year for RCT Homes to send me a report of the work undertaken,,after asking constantly. The other 2 companies involved will not respond,,, I believe my property has been stolen as most of it could of been returned,, There is more indepth detail to this problem but have just given a brief outline.. PLEASE can anybody help?? I want answers,, any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: RCT Homes/ Severn Insulations, Santia,,Asbestos removal and theft of property

Hi and welcome.
    My heart goes out to you over the loss of your childrens memorabilia.
    I fully understand your hurt as we lost all our belongings in a house fire.

If your home is a council owned property, presumably the council, as landlord ordered the works.
    This makes them liable for any damage or loss their agents (the builders) have caused.
    Have you been in touch with them?
    If not start at the top with a letter (signed for) to the Chief Executive Officer setting out your concerns.

Comment

Re: RCT Homes/ Severn Insulations, Santia,,Asbestos removal and theft of property

Hey des8,, ty so much for replying,, sorry to hear of you also losing your belongings in a house fire,, it really is awful to lose such precious memories. The council RCT Homes have been extremely unhelpful, however, I have not written to the Chief Executive Officer,, so I will definately go down that route and see what the outcome is,, many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X