• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit card

Hi was in arrears on my credit card with RBS and when my PPI claim came through RBS assured me any monies owing to them would taken to pay off any debts with them which it was and now i have recieved a letter nealry 3 years after the debts were settled saying i still owe £302.15 on my old credit card which came in a letter from RBS saying they have sold my debt to cabot financial and a letter from cabot financial was in with the letter from RBS ? . iVE checked my credit file and it quite clearly states i have no accounts in default and have no credit card accounts , and also i have not recieved any notification from RBS FOR WELL OVER 3 YEARS AS ALL DEBTS WERE SETTLED ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GRATEFUL
    Tags: None

Re: credit card

Good morning, welcome to LB,
    First job, send a CCA request to Cabot this is to get a copy of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement for the credit card.

There is a £1 statutory fee for this, due to some practices by Cabot and its solicitors use a Postal Order marked " For Statutory Fee Only" on both sides.

There is a template in the " Green Box" above, send by signed for post and check and print off a copy of the delivery date and signature.

I would make a call to RBS to see if they can explain what has happened.

If RBS can't/wont help a Subject Access Request made under the provisions of the Data Protection Act, this requires the bank to supply all personal data it hold on you.

There is a £10.00 statutory fee for this and the bank has 40 days to comply. Send by signed for post, template as above.
    nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Good morning, welcome to LB,
      First job, send a CCA request to Cabot this is to get a copy of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement for the credit card.

There is a £1 statutory fee for this, due to some practices by Cabot and its solicitors use a Postal Order marked " For Statutory Fee Only" on both sides.

There is a template in the " Green Box" above, send by signed for post and check and print off a copy of the delivery date and signature.

I would make a call to RBS to see if they can explain what has happened.

If RBS can't/wont help a Subject Access Request made under the provisions of the Data Protection Act, this requires the bank to supply all personal data it hold on you.

There is a £10.00 statutory fee for this and the bank has 40 days to comply. Send by signed for post, template as above.
      nem
      hi thanks for the advice ive already emailed cabot asking about this situation ill await there reply thanks again for the advice

- - - Updated - - -

hi thanks for the advice ive already emailed cabot asking about this situation ill await there responce

Comment

Originally posted by bradders316 View Post
        hi thanks for the advice ive already emailed cabot asking about this situation ill await there reply thanks again for the advice

- - - Updated - - -

hi thanks for the advice ive already emailed cabot asking about this situation ill await there responce
        I would recommend that you keep all communications with Cabot in writing,

What did you say to Cabot?

nem

Comment

Hi i just said i do not owe this money it was paid off etc triton credit held this account and were chasing me for this then after several emails they (triton credit ) said this account had been settled and and closed

Comment

Originally posted by bradders316 View Post
            Hi i just said i do not owe this money it was paid off etc triton credit held this account and were chasing me for this then after several emails they (triton credit ) said this account had been settled and and closed
            OK be very careful as to what you say Cabot will jump on anything that could be construed as an admission of liability.

nem

Comment

Ok thanks for that ive not admitted that i owe this as soon as hear a reply ill post a newthread thanks again for the advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X