• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LDS - Tax Credit Overpayment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDS - Tax Credit Overpayment

Hey,

Not sure if I am in the right place however do hope that someone can help me ?

Just received a letter from a company called LCS ref overpaymentsof tax credits that I am currently disputing with HMRC - the overpayment amount they are chasing is £9389 and the letter is a very polite "pay now or else" notice.

Bit of a background catch up - HMRC wrote to me 6 weeks ago to say that they were no longer going to pay me tax credits and they believed there had been an overpaid every year for the last 6 years. As soon as this letter arrived an immediate reply was sent back via special delivery disputing the overpayment, asking for a full breakdown along with the mandatory review.

last week, a reply to my letter was received apologising for taking a month to reply and giving me a brief breakdown on how I was over paid. At the bottom of the letter was a note saying that the results of my mandatory review would follow shortly. Nothing has arrived from them until this LCS letter now.

What can I do ? I have followed their procedure, not stalled for time but it seems that they are very quick to employ the services of a DCA?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Scott
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X