• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA out off court settlement HELP please! i dont know where i stand no one will help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA out off court settlement HELP please! i dont know where i stand no one will help

Hi all i hope you all ok,

I am on disability benefits and had my mobility car taken off my and i got a car on fiance and in november i put in writing i wanted to cancel the agreement only had the car 6 weeks i paid them a early termination fee off £530 but they didn't pick the car up and i couldn't afford the tax and it had a SORN on it but because i didn't have a drive it was outside on a small street and i couldn't move it because the car finance company disabled it as it had a device put in they refused to pick the car up.
    3 weeks ago the car got taken and put into a compound i didn't collect it as the car fiance company got the car back but i got a letter saying i had a week to pay £121 out off court settlement i sent a letter off appeal as the letter wasn't in the right name they spelt my name wrong by one letter also the address wasn't right so DVLA said also it had no signature and i explained about the car finance company refused to pick it up etc but they said i am liable until i handed the keys over personally and they wrote back to me within 4 days and said i had to pay the out off court settlement by 03/06/16, i have phoned DVLA and they said put it in writing that i couldn't afford that by the date i get paid by my disability benefits on the 4th so its one day late but they said i had to put it in writing, i am worried i wouldn't get a response in time and i dont know if i can pay the day later.

Also if i got a court summons do i have to attend because my health is not good i have mobility problems cant get busses due to my mobility and pain so i dont think i could get there, so do i need to go or can i do it on paper? also will the court throw it out if i paid 1 day late please let me know where i stand i cant pay a £1000 fine because im being looked at under personal independence payment and ESA and i cant work :-( i am worried sick and no one will help and i dont know where i need to go thank you all in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: DVLA out off court settlement HELP please! i dont know where i stand no one will

Hello

Who has fined you and why?

You state that your mobility car was taken off you - is it because you benefit award charged and you no longe meet the criteria for a mobility car?

Were/are you in receipt of High level PIP/DLA mobility benefit when you obtained your new car?

I'm guessing that you have been fined for not having any car tax on the vehicle you surrendered???

If you are in receipt of High level PIP/DLA mobility benefit but have your own vehicle you are exempt from paying car tax - you can only apply this to one car

if the above circumstance applies then contact the DVLA and ask them if the car tax exemption could be allocated to the vehicle you are being fined for and perhaps they might revoke the fine. You need to make sure you do this in writing and keep copies of any responses from the DVLA.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X