• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link financial Outsourcing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link financial Outsourcing

There seems to be a lot about Link. I received a letter from them at the end of April. It was actually addressed to my husband, who had passed away at the beginning of April. As executor of his will, I obviously opened the letter. The first line puzzled me somewhat, as it claimed they had not been in touch "for some time" as they had to "locate" our address. and asking him to ring the number to confirm his intentions about a debt, originally with the Co-op Bank. I rang the number, was told they couldn't talk to me as my name is not on the account and was asked to send an email. I did that, pointing out that my husband died without any estate. I have not heard anything from them since, but it's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. As far as I am aware, if the debt really existed (which I'm not 100% sure of), I am not liable, as my name is not connected with it. The idea that they had to "locate" our address is very odd, as we have lived here for 17 years - hence the time limitation comes into force. I am not aware that my husband ever had any dealings with the Co-op bank, and couldn't find any paperwork to indicate he had. The only dealings I am aware he had was the Funeral Services I used! There isn't a Co-op bank in the town I live in.

Does anyone think they will drop the matter, or are they likely to try to recoup the money some other way?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X