• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default with who?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default with who?

Hello

So I've checked my credit report and can see that I have two defaults. Both the 'lenders' are lowel. I know one of the defaults are from a credit card with capital one. On the defaults it doesn't state who they are from. My question/s is/are, how can lowel be the lenders if I have no contract with them and they've only bought the debt? How do I find out who the other default is from without reminding lowel its there? On my credit file all my info with previous mobile phone contracts look like they've been paid on time and no missed payments. Wouldn't one of them show a default and then corresponds with lowel taking it over?
    Tags: None

Re: Default with who?

My question/s is/are, how can lowel be the lenders if I have no contract with them and they've only bought the debt?

If they have bought the debt they are now the creditor.

How do I find out who the other default is from without reminding lowel its there?
    Well realistically Lowell are unlikely to forget that a debt is there...
    But one alternative would be to check your records with the other two credit reference agencies to see if a closed debt that might have been sold to Lowells is there.

Comment

I've had a look at them all and none of them have any info about the original creditor. The credit card is with capital one but looking at my file there's no mention of them anywhere. There's just a default with lowel for a credit card of x amount defaulted on such a day. There's no history of where it's come from or how many missed payments there have been etc

Comment

This article on mystery entries on your credit file may help: http://debtcamel.co.uk/debts-you-dont-recognise/

Comment

Originally posted by Carlosdecorator View Post
          Hello

So I've checked my credit report and can see that I have two defaults. Both the 'lenders' are lowel. I know one of the defaults are from a credit card with capital one. On the defaults it doesn't state who they are from. My question/s is/are, how can lowel be the lenders if I have no contract with them and they've only bought the debt? How do I find out who the other default is from without reminding lowel its there? On my credit file all my info with previous mobile phone contracts look like they've been paid on time and no missed payments. Wouldn't one of them show a default and then corresponds with lowel taking it over?
          Good morning Carlos,

Which credit reference agency did you use? It would be a good idea to check another agency.

Lowell has bought 2 of your debts could there be any connection with the other matters we have been dealing with?
          Please post a copy of the credit file entries after removing personal details.

nem

Comment

One of them relates to what we've been dealing with the other is a mobile phone contract from what I can see. I've got a copy of noddle, experian and one of the others ill upload later

Comment

Hello

So here are the entries with the CRA, Equifax, Noddle and Credit Expert
              Attached Files

Comment

contin...
                Attached Files

Comment

bump

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X