• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

pre legal assessment Lowell (mobile phone contracts)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre legal assessment Lowell (mobile phone contracts)

Hello,
    I am posting in the hope of helping my daughter, who has mental health issues and can't cope with extra stress.
    She took out 2 mobile phone contracts (one for herself and one for her conning cousin) and is now in receipt of a pre legal assessment letter from Lowell financial ltd,
    This is the first step I can think of to gain information to help her, at this moment I dont have much information but other posts I have read have given me an insight and I am grateful for those posts.
    My question for the moment is " should she respond to the letter" from Lowell.
    Tags: None

Re: pre legal assessment Lowell (mobile phone contracts)

Good morning, welcome to LB,

Has there been any previous contact from Lowell?
    How were these accounts opened?
    When were they opened?

Do you believe that your daughter has/ had the capacity to open these accounts, with or without " influence " of a 3rd party.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Good morning, welcome to LB,

Has there been any previous contact from Lowell?
      How were these accounts opened?
      When were they opened?

Do you believe that your daughter has/ had the capacity to open these accounts, with or without " influence " of a 3rd party.

nem
      Hello thanks for replying ,
      The accounts were opened in a phone shop, over 2 years ago, with orange,
      My daughter has capacity, but 2/3 years ago was quite naive and new to the UK , having been brought up in Spain.
      Yes I believe Lowell have contacted her before , I don't think she has the letter(s) now

Comment

Originally posted by madeamistake View Post
        Hello thanks for replying ,
        The accounts were opened in a phone shop, over 2 years ago, with orange,
        My daughter has capacity, but 2/3 years ago was quite naive and new to the UK , having been brought up in Spain.
        Yes I believe Lowell have contacted her before , I don't think she has the letter(s) now
        Are you now going to act for her over this matter?
        It would be best in my opinion.

nem

Comment

Yes , I will act for her, I have her permission, she says she has had about five letters , but not kept them,

Comment

Yes , I will act for her, I have her permission, she says she has had about five letters , but not kept them,
            How much are Lowell claiming is owed?
            Ok, You mention a cousins involvement in the applications for these telephone accounts, was your daughter " under duress" from more dominant personality?

My feeling is to respond to Lowell's letters asking for proof of the alleged debt a minimal amount of information re your daughters vulnerability and the influence of the other party.

You should address a letter to Andrew Bartle the Chief Operating Officer of the Lowell Group at the " Ellington House " address.

nem

Comment

Hi madeamistake

This is worth a read (as you're acting on behalf of your daughter).

http://www.moneyadvicetrust.org/serv...al-Health.aspx
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                How much are Lowell claiming is owed?
                Ok, You mention a cousins involvement in the applications for these telephone accounts, was your daughter " under duress" from more dominant personality?

My feeling is to respond to Lowell's letters asking for proof of the alleged debt a minimal amount of information re your daughters vulnerability and the influence of the other party.

You should address a letter to Andrew Bartle the Chief Operating Officer of the Lowell Group at the " Ellington House " address.

nem
                I will definitely write on her behalf , I would say her cousin influenced her a lot , and she also felt obliged to get a contract in her name for her cousin as she was living with her and had nowhere else to live at the time.
                The said amount is 956.46 reduced to 765.17 if she pays now !!! so to me it is obvious the original debt was not as much as 765.
                Thanks

Comment

I will definitely write on her behalf , I would say her cousin influenced her a lot , and she also felt obliged to get a contract in her name for her cousin as she was living with her and had nowhere else to live at the time.
                  The said amount is 956.46 reduced to 765.17 if she pays now !!! so to me it is obvious the original debt was not as much as 765.
                  Thanks
                  Discount offers at this stage is interesting I suspect they have little information.

Remember always to refer to the " alleged" debt and yo u want proof of any " contract / agreement and mention your daughter's problem in passing no more! We can enlarge on that further later if necessary.

ne m

Comment

Hi , ok , got it , alleged and yes I would like to see proof of any alleged debt, many thanks for your help, I panic myself when I know she has a money problem , on the social with a baby.
                    My other fight is with the water board but can sort that myself , (they take the mick asking for money to take away rain water that falls off the roof , she is in a block of flats)
                    really thanks a lot

Comment

Hi , ok , got it , alleged and yes I would like to see proof of any alleged debt, many thanks for your help, I panic myself when I know she has a money problem , on the social with a baby.
                      My other fight is with the water board but can sort that myself , (they take the mick asking for money to take away rain water that falls off the roof , she is in a block of flats)
                      really thanks a lot
                      Happy to help if you want to contact me just tag [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION].

Surface water drainage charges have long been a matter of conjecture!

nem

Comment

Hi , just thought I would end this by saying ,,,,, daughter has to pay 1 pound a month to Lowell for the 956.46 , so that will take them a while to collect,
                        The water bill got reduced dramatically by asking for the reductions on their website

https://www.dwrcymru.com/en/My-Account/Helpu.aspx

http://www.dwrcymru.com/en/My-Accoun...ance-Fund.aspx

thanks for help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X