• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sigma Red & Payments Place - bank details?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sigma Red & Payments Place - bank details?

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Hi Charity, yup, I noticed that; they are claiming they are authorised by the FCA but they no longer have that authorisation
    That is surely wrong and totally misleading.. I've emailed the FCA but I won't hold my breath.
    Wingco xx

Comment

Originally posted by Wingco View Post
      Hi Charity, yup, I noticed that; they are claiming they are authorised by the FCA but they no longer have that authorisation
      That is surely wrong and totally misleading.. I've emailed the FCA but I won't hold my breath.
      Wingco xx
      @charitynjw [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION]
      I emailed the FCA and got a quick and very helpful response today: Clanchatton has lost its FCA authorisation to handle consumer credit but it is working with Sanclare (UK) Ltd. which is authorised by the FCA - I'll copy the response on here so that I get it absolutely right. But I also heard from Sigma saying my account has been passed to Lowells - I haven't heard anything official from Lowells; surely they owe me an assignment notice? I'm not paying the ex-Sigma ex-GE Money Kitchen loan until I see the Lowells' assignment notice and get appropriate references - I also need to see a recent statement as I have been paying Sigma without receipts or acknowledgements. The last payment was on 11th April 2016.

I'm off to France again on Friday, back on 17th and so will be fairly quiet - Internet access in my part of Brittany is not great.

Comment

@charitynjw @Kati
        I emailed the FCA and got a quick and very helpful response today: Clanchatton has lost its FCA authorisation to handle consumer credit but it is working with Sanclare (UK) Ltd. which is authorised by the FCA - I'll copy the response on here so that I get it absolutely right. But I also heard from Sigma saying my account has been passed to Lowells - I haven't heard anything official from Lowells; surely they owe me an assignment notice? I'm not paying the ex-Sigma ex-GE Money Kitchen loan until I see the Lowells' assignment notice and get appropriate references - I also need to see a recent statement as I have been paying Sigma without receipts or acknowledgements. The last payment was on 11th April 2016.

I'm off to France again on Friday, back on 17th and so will be fairly quiet - Internet access in my part of Brittany is not great.
        @Kati @charitynjw

Dear Baron Xxxxxxx-Xxxxx-Xxxxxx,

Thanks for your recent email where you explain you’re being contacted by Clanchatton Birmingham Limited, trading as Sigma Red, about a debt you had with GE Money.

Checking our records

Our historic register entry for Sigma Red Limited shows we gave them interim permission to continue to collect consumer credit debts when we took over regulating this from the Office of Fair Trading.

During this interim period, firms had a chance to apply to become fully authorised with us.

The firm’s current status

This has since lapsed though, but I can now see on the register that Clanchatton Birmingham Limited has become an appointed representative of Sanclare (UK) Ltd. This means we authorise Sanclare and Clanchatton works on their behalf.

Sanclare has our permission to collect consumer credit debts and exercising/having the right to exercise a lenders rights and duties under a regulated credit agreement. Clanchatton may also do this under these permissions.

Double checking this

If you need to establish whether Clanchatton is working on behalf of Sanclare to collect a consumer credit debt from you, you can contact Sanclare directly using the details off our register to double check this.

How was your experience with us?

To help us improve our service, I’m interested in finding out about your experience with the Contact Centre today.

I’ll send you a link to a survey and I’d appreciate it if you could take a few moments to share your feedback on the service you’ve received from me.

Yours sincerely,

L A Manhood (Mr)
        Associate | Customer Contact Centre
        Financial Conduct Authority | http://www.fca.org.uk
        Consumer Helpline: 0800 111 6768

I love the FCA guy's name - I bet he stands out in the office.

I think the following extract is a bit strange; it allows an unauthorised (by the FCA) DCA to continue to operate:

"This has since lapsed though, but I can now see on the register that Clanchatton Birmingham Limited has become an appointed representative of Sanclare (UK) Ltd. This means we authorise Sanclare and Clanchatton works on their behalf."

Any thoughts?

Wingco

Comment

@charitynjw @Kati

Hi Wingco

How did you hear this? (Phone/email/land mail etc....if land mail, did you keep the envelope?)
          & do you know to which part of the Lowell Group it has been assigned?
          Last edited by charitynjw; 4th May 2016, 22:15:PM.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

@Kati @charitynjw

Dear Baron Xxxxxxx-Xxxxx-Xxxxxx,

Thanks for your recent email where you explain you’re being contacted by Clanchatton Birmingham Limited, trading as Sigma Red, about a debt you had with GE Money.

Checking our records

Our historic register entry for Sigma Red Limited shows we gave them interim permission to continue to collect consumer credit debts when we took over regulating this from the Office of Fair Trading.

During this interim period, firms had a chance to apply to become fully authorised with us.

The firm’s current status

This has since lapsed though, but I can now see on the register that Clanchatton Birmingham Limited has become an appointed representative of Sanclare (UK) Ltd. This means we authorise Sanclare and Clanchatton works on their behalf.

Sanclare has our permission to collect consumer credit debts and exercising/having the right to exercise a lenders rights and duties under a regulated credit agreement. Clanchatton may also do this under these permissions.

Double checking this

If you need to establish whether Clanchatton is working on behalf of Sanclare to collect a consumer credit debt from you, you can contact Sanclare directly using the details off our register to double check this.

How was your experience with us?

To help us improve our service, I’m interested in finding out about your experience with the Contact Centre today.

I’ll send you a link to a survey and I’d appreciate it if you could take a few moments to share your feedback on the service you’ve received from me.

Yours sincerely,

L A Manhood (Mr)
            Associate | Customer Contact Centre
            Financial Conduct Authority | http://www.fca.org.uk
            Consumer Helpline: 0800 111 6768

I love the FCA guy's name - I bet he stands out in the office.

I think the following extract is a bit strange; it allows an unauthorised (by the FCA) DCA to continue to operate:

"This has since lapsed though, but I can now see on the register that Clanchatton Birmingham Limited has become an appointed representative of Sanclare (UK) Ltd. This means we authorise Sanclare and Clanchatton works on their behalf."
            Sanclare is what's known as a 'Principal (P)'; the AR can operate under P's licence as long as there's a written undertaking by P that they will be responsible for AR's actions.
            An AR can't be authorised by the FCA in their own right.

Any thoughts?
            Sneaky SoB's! You'd have thought that the FCA could have put this info on the Clanchatton page for reference!

Wingco

####
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sig R's website still shows Clanchatton's FCA reg no as 003226
              http://sigmared.co.uk/contact.php

But according to the FCA, it's now 743064
              https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_fir...000003LGc0RAAT
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sig R's website still shows Clanchatton's FCA reg no as 003226
                http://sigmared.co.uk/contact.php

But according to the FCA, it's now 743064
                https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_fir...000003LGc0RAAT
                [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION]
                It does seem particularly bizarre that an an unauthorised company can work under the name of 'P' as an 'AR'. Surely, that is a major loophole the FCA needs to close?; almost anyone could operate as an AR if the 'P' is not too fussy. It begs the 2 questions:

1. I wonder what Lowells paid Sigma Red for this debt?

2. Why didn't SR pass it on to Sanclare (UK) Ltd.?

I heard originally by email that Sigma Red had handed my account to Lowells but no other details as to which department. I'm still waiting to see if Lowells deigns to tell me. But I will be sitting on the verandah of my French villa sipping cheap wine and enjoying French cheeses on French bread from Saturday until the 17th May and so I doubt much will happen for a while. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.
                Wingco

Comment

Charitynjw wrote: Sneaky SoB's! You'd have thought that the FCA could have put this info on the Clanchatton page for reference!

I bet they are too embarrassed about their lack of Financial Control Authority (FCA?) over this element of the consumer market.

Wingco

Comment

@charitynjw @Kati

It does seem particularly bizarre that an an unauthorised company can work under the name of 'P' as an 'AR'. Surely, that is a major loophole the FCA needs to close?; almost anyone could operate as an AR if the 'P' is not too fussy.
                    Yep (Though the FCA has promised to be a tougher regime than the FSA/OFT - we shall see!)

It begs the 2 questions:

1. I wonder what Lowells paid Sigma Red for this debt?
                    Peanuts
                    SR is just a t/a name; Clanchatton owned it.

2. Why didn't SR pass it on to Sanclare (UK) Ltd.?
                    See above.

I heard originally by email that Sigma Red had handed my account to Lowells but no other details as to which department. I'm still waiting to see if Lowells deigns to tell me. But I will be sitting on the verandah of my French villa sipping cheap wine and enjoying French cheeses on French bread from Saturday until the 17th May and so I doubt much will happen for a while. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.
                    I'm not jealous :tinysmile_cry_t:
                    Wingco
                    ####
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

And to make you even greener, it is all paid for by a 'friend' xx

Comment

And to make you even greener, it is all paid for by a 'friend' xx
                        :taunt:

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

:taunt:

I think that's a fair response:lbx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X