• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link Financial Court Claim for Amalgamated HSBC Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Link Financial Court Claim for Amalgamated HSBC Debt

Bump - could anyone please advise me as this needs to be submitted tomorrow I think? Thank you

Comment

Statement of Truth?

(That's just an initial observation).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Sorry I don't know what that is?

Comment

Originally posted by bijim View Post
          CASE SUMMARY- Defence

1. I am the Defendant in this case and Litigant in Person.

2. On 08/04/2016 the Claimant submitted a claim to Northampton County Court stating their particulars of claim.

3. The claim was acknowledged on 12/04/2016 using the MCOL website.

4. Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

5. This claim is for a debt resulting from a Current Account agreement with HSBC Bank Plc

6. It is admitted that the Defendant held a Current Account with HSBC Bank from 2002

7. Paragraph 1 is denied. The defendant acknowledges holding a bank account with HSBC Bank plc and the defendant further acknowledges that the said account had an overdraft facility. The defendant denies the sum claimed as this is far in excess of any authorised overdraft limit agreed with HSBC bank plc. The defendant believes the overdraft facility to have had a limit of £500.

8. The Defendant suffered from a period of financial hardship from February 2007 due to a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder. A debt charity contacted HSBC bank plc on behalf of the defendant to freeze interest and charges and accept lower payments during this time. The defendant was and still has difficulties with finances due to the nature of her illness. The defendant paid monthly to to debt charity until august 2014. Based on the figures provided by the Claimant the defendant has already paid £2574 off said overdraft. The defendant believes that the overdraft has been paid in full or even overpaid.

9. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

10. The claimant has failed to provide any statement of account to show how they have arrived at the sum claimed. On 12th April 2016 the defendant submitted a CPR 31.14 to the Claimants’ Solicitor Kearns, however a response was not posted by the solicitor until 26th April 2016. The response requested further clarification form the defendant but due to the time delay the defendant does not have the opportunity to address these points.

11. At this stage without documentation I am unable to plead fully to the claim. I request the court orders the Claimants, to provide the necessary documentation in order to fully plead my case, else the claim should be struck out.

12. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants the Defendant will then be in a position to amend her defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

Statement of truth.

The defendant states that the above is true to the best of his knowledge and belief:

Signed............................................ .............Dated................................ ........:

The above is what Charity mentioned.

nem

Comment

Thank you! Does it seem OK otherwise?

Comment

Reading back on the thread I can't see anything more you can say, good to go.

nem

Comment

Thank you so much for your help, I have submitted the claim online. Either way now I have done my best which I couldn't have attempted without this site.

Comment

Follow up - I haven't had any response from the court/claimant, should I have heard something by now? I'm not sure what to do, link are now sending me statements and letters requesting payment as if no court action was raised.

Comment

Originally posted by bijim View Post
                    Follow up - I haven't had any response from the court/claimant, should I have heard something by now? I'm not sure what to do, link are now sending me statements and letters requesting payment as if no court action was raised.
                    Good morning,

Check with the court in the morning I to check if anything has moved on.

nem

Comment

Morning! Thank you, will do

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X