• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

policeman assisting bailiffs to break in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• policeman assisting bailiffs to break in

On Friday I had MCEO's at my house to collect unpaid finds for motoring offences. It ended up with the police being called. 3 cars and 6-7 police later I was confronted by one particularly aggressive officer who came right upto my face, smelt my breath and said he could smell alcohol and asked if I'd been drinking (at 8am!).When I told him I didn't drink he didn't seem very happy. He then told me with screwed up face that"if I didn't open the door he was going to go to his car get his big red key and smash my door in". The MCEO appeared to have an electronic warrant and plastic laminated a5 sheet that allowed the MCEO to use reasonable force ie a locksmith to gain entry to my house. Infact he had called the locksmith before the police arrived and the officer was aware of this. I asked the officer to check that this particular warrant allowed him to assist the MCEO in any other way than to prevent a breach of the peace. He said he knew the law and repeated his red key threat. When I suggested one last time that he checks with his sergeant he told me"to shut up your boring. I'll cuff you and put you in the back of the car and then smash your door in". In the end feeling very intimidated and pressured by this police man I made a very embarrassing call to my landlord who paid the fine to stop her door getting damaged. I told the policeman I was going to complain and his reply was" I've had thousands of complaints and none have ever stuck.
    So I suppose my question is. Do you think the policeman was wrong in what he said he was going to do?
    Tags: None

Re: policeman assisting bailiffs to break in

Totally out of order was this filmed or recorded by the bailiffs

Comment

Re: policeman assisting bailiffs to break in

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Totally out of order was this filmed or recorded by the bailiffs
      Unfortunately not filmed but first thing tomorrow I'm going to start proceedings to get audio recording from Marstons bailiffs. And had call from local sergeant today pretty much pleading me not to take legal advice but to wait and speak to inspector.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X