• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Potential Pension Scam warningno

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Pension Scam warningno

Had a cold call from a guy advising me that the government had allowed 'free advice' to pension pot holders to see if best performance is being achieved with present provider.
    Questions asked were who my present fund holders are, wanted to know my NI number and pension policy numbers. Then went onto say that they don't use the normal post service but send a personal courier to collect authorised duly completed forms containing all my personal pension details.
    Raising my suspicions I responded by telling him to send me his company details via e-mail so that I could do online checks as to bona fida of his company. Back of my mind was financial services registration check etc prior to furnishing any of my details. That was two days ago and I still haven't received an e-mail. He's supposed to be ringing me on Tuesday evening to arrange forwarding forms and personal courier collection. My money is on me not receiving any follow up call. If I don't receive said call then I reckon my suspicion is correct regarding being a scam and hence a warning to others.
    Last edited by retro pedro; 2nd April 2016, 06:55:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Potential Pension Scam warningno

Thanks and well done for spotting a potential scam many, many dont.

Some good advice on The Pension Regulator site

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X