• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old Debt Comes Back To Haunt Me Again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old Debt Comes Back To Haunt Me Again.

No it sounds like Lowell have bought a totally separate debt and have just sent you the assignment letter letting you know they now own it....and will be in touch.

CCA requests are never complied with in the 12 day period, well I've certainly never seen it happen. So don't get too bogged down in that. If it still hasn't turned up by a court hearing...great but your main focus needs to be the time barring matter. Not that its up to you to prove it, it would be helpful to dig out or ask your bank for old statements? Anything that could help prove the statute barred point.

We still haven't seen a copy of your defence? Is it quite long? If not could you type up what was written then we can advise if it needs changing?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks for your quick response, my defence form was only a small form there wasn't much space to write in the reasons for defence box. I just said that this debt was an old debt and is statute barred by law,and I shouldn't have to pay it. There wasn't much more I could say on it. I Have followed your advice all through, and some advice from the NDL.

Comment

Cool, now await a court date and order form the court.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

yes that's next, I will be in touch with you as soon as i recieve anything else. Many many thanks for your help so far.💓

Comment

Anytime at all x You're welcome :beagle:

Comment

Hi, just to update you with my latest information again, we'll I still haven't recieved my credit agreement for this old debt, just a letter saying they are requesting a copy of it from the original creditor and they are not obliged to provide me with a copy of the deed of assignment as this is a document containing confidential information, I'm finding this a bit hard to understand it's my credit agreement so why not let me have it? Besides the point I've been waiting two months for it now, only had this letter today the 12 day deadline has well gone past. I have also had another letter from the county court today headed (general form of judgment or order) this is a copy of what's been sent to the claimant saying they have failed to file the directions questionnaire by the date specified in form N149 and they must file these on or before 7 days from the service of this order this letter is dated 16/4/2016. can anyone explain this lot to me please? Much appreciated thankyou.🙏

Comment

Originally posted by dawnmac10 View Post
                Hi, just to update you with my latest information again, we'll I still haven't recieved my credit agreement for this old debt, just a letter saying they are requesting a copy of it from the original creditor and they are not obliged to provide me with a copy of the deed of assignment as this is a document containing confidential information, I'm finding this a bit hard to understand it's my credit agreement so why not let me have it? Besides the point I've been waiting two months for it now, only had this letter today the 12 day deadline has well gone past. I have also had another letter from the county court today headed (general form of judgment or order) this is a copy of what's been sent to the claimant saying they have failed to file the directions questionnaire by the date specified in form N149 and they must file these on or before 7 days from the service of this order this letter is dated 16/4/2016. can anyone explain this lot to me please? Much appreciated thankyou.
                Don't worry about the agreement without it they cannot enforce the debt.

The court has ordered the claimant to complete and file their DQ on time if they don't comply as ordered the court may strike out the claim.

nem

Comment

Thankyou for your quick response, do I need to let the county court know that I've asked for my credit agreement and they haven't sent it to me or just leave it the way it is? Thankyou.

Comment

Thankyou for your quick response, do I need to let the county court know that I've asked for my credit agreement and they haven't sent it to me or just leave it the way it is? Thankyou.
                    No need to inform the court of this.

nem

Comment

Thankyou. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hi, it's been a long time since I've
                        Been on here, had to wait for the court to be sorted. Anyway to cut a long story short the case of this old debt was held in court in my absence as I couldn't attend on the day. I have recieved a letter today just saying It is ordered that claim is dismissed.Is that it now then? All the hassle and worry I've
                        had for over 5 months through Lowell debt collectors hassling me for an old debt and took me to county court for it!! Hope this is the end of this nightmare! Is it??

Comment

Hi, it's been a long time since I've
                          Been on here, had to wait for the court to be sorted. Anyway to cut a long story short the case of this old debt was held in court in my absence as I couldn't attend on the day. I have recieved a letter today just saying It is ordered that claim is dismissed.Is that it now then? All the hassle and worry I've
                          had for over 5 months through Lowell debt collectors hassling me for an old debt and took me to county court for it!! Hope this is the end of this nightmare! Is it??
                          If it was me I'd phone the court to find out the reason why it was dismissed.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

It was statute barred that's why I defended myself against it, I think it's me who should fight for compensation now for what I've
                            Had to put up with 🤔

Comment

Contact the court and find out why it was dismissed, who was the judge who dismissed it and why was this done without any hearing.

If you want compensation you would need to make a claim against Lowell for malicious prosecution if you can prove without doubt that it is statute barred.

Is the letter you received from the court or Lowell? If from the Court what does it say?
                              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

It was statute barred that's why I defended myself against it, I think it's me who should fight for compensation now for what I've
                                Had to put up with 樂
                                From what I can see, according to previous posts the Claimant had not completed/filed the DQ.
                                It could be that they just 'walked away', perhaps hoping that it would be just stayed.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X