• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Insurance company ONESURE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance company ONESURE

HI All on this site.

OneSure have refused said that as I did not cancel an insurance renewal that they renewed it . I telephoned yesterday to say that I had taken out a policy with another company that was more suitable as it was a Public liability ins, I was told that It was their legal requirement to renew! and that I would be charged for a cancellation . I told the operator that Public liability was not an insurance that was a legal requirement in the u.k so how can they be required to renew it?. This A.M I have spoken again to another operator and she said that I will have to pay £ 25.00 to cancel! They have not even had my Money as my debit card had changed . Where do I stand on this can anyone advise me on this ? or offer their own experience on similar ? Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Insurance company ONESURE

Hi and welcome.
    Automatic renewal of all policies is quite normal practice among insurers and is mentioned in their terms and conditions.
    However they should also write to you prior to renewal date and advise you that automatic renewal is due, and that you should cancel if you do not want renewal.
    "Renewals If you arrange insurance with us and pay by monthly direct debit, credit or debit card then for your convenience and protection, where possible we will automatically renew your insurance policies (unless you inform us otherwise). We will write to you before your policy renewal date to remind you of this and to let you know what the revised payments will be. If you are paying instalments via direct debit your first payment will be taken within 14 days of your renewal date. If you previously paid in full by debit or credit card then your payment will be taken in full by any debit or credit card that you previously authorised us to use. If we are unable to offer you with this service then we will write to you to confirm alternative payment methods. For the avoidance of doubt, acceptance of these terms of business constitutes contractual acceptance of this auto renewal process and any consequential renewed policies."

If they didn't write.... tough on them.

In any event as you haven't paid there is no insurance contract, and they will be chasing you for their £25 (their T&Cs state £50!!)
    cancellation fee. I suspect this will be a series of threatening letters, possibly even from a DCA. IMO unlikely they would initiate court proceedings as it will cost them more than they stand to win (if they win!)

Comment

Re: Insurance company ONESURE

Thanks des8 , My thoughts were as you state . I did not contact them until I had a text saying thanks for renewing your policy! I have never had any text to remind me so I take the attitude that they are obviously entrapping people with this automatic renewal lark. I would happily give £25 to a charity , a deserving cause rather than give it over to this insurance Co. It definitely tells me to never have any dealings with them again . Customer service means nothing to them. This morning I told the operator ( with authority ) that the first operator specifically informed me that it was that they ( the Company was legally obliged to automatically renew the policy to which I disagreed . Her answer was that the operator did NOT say that! so effectively telling me that I was a Liar.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X