• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received forward dated court claim??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received forward dated court claim??

Hi All,

Received court claim from Northampton CC £350 plus £50 admin fee plus £50 Court fee.

The court claim was received today Wednesday 23rd March 2016 BUT is stamped with "Date served 29th March".

Is that a mistake and/or invalidate the court claim in anyway?

If not, Can I still make a full payment to the actual company to avoid a default going on my record??

Thanks

P.S what is the longest I can delay it in order to gain time to collect together funds?

P.P.S If I pay half of it direct to the company in question then what happens to the court form as it will then be showing the incorrect amount?
    Tags: None

Re: Received forward dated court claim??

Hi somewhereovertherainbow (Blimey, that took some effort!)

Are you sure the claim form is kosher?
    If it were me, I would phone the court for verification.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi,

Thanks. It all looks proper, with a Northampton CC reference number sticker on it.
      Its for an unpaid invoice rather than the 'usual' credit card or loan agreement claim you see on here.

Im not sure if the process is different if it doenst relate CCA claims?

I'd like to pay part now and then tick the correct boxes to give me 4 weeks to pay the rest (I can then pay the rest on my next payday)

Comment

hang on ring the court for verification and content see if valid?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          hang on ring the court for verification and content see if valid?

Will ring court on Tuesday to check but im pretty sure its genuine.

As for timings - I received it on Wednesday 23rd, its stamped "DATE SERVED 29TH"

If I defend, will 28 days be the 25th of April AND THAT I CAN PAY ON THE 25TH And all be OK?

Thanks

Comment

There is date issued, which is when the court sent it , and date served, which is when the court assume you've received it, usually 5 days after issue. Timings are are from the served date.

You need to acknowledge, within 14 days, to get the full 28 days for defence. Paying on the last day, unless in cash into the claimants hands, is probably not sufficient, as a cheque is uncleared funds.

If you intend to pay why not contact the claimant and try to come to some agreement about payment? There are procedures for this, someone else could possibly explain.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X