• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claiming ppi from underwrtter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming ppi from underwrtter.

Hello Everyone
    I have now tried for 2 years getting literally no where. My PPi relates to a secured loan by broker Dial4aloan in March 2002 for £8000 with of £1240 added as a single premium added to the loan. The paper work was pre-ticked on EPF agreement. The loan was through endeavour and was for 84 months, although it would appear the PPI was for 5 years only. I had savings, worked for NHS and would be paid when off. I was born with Osteo arthritis which has resulted in a lot of time off work all of my life. I cant even get travel insurance. I didn't even know I had PPI until contacted by a Gladstone Brookes. So to cut a long story short, I contacted Dail4aloan, who basically told me to get stuffed, siting the Limitations Act, which of course as I only found out about it in 2014 is not valid. The FOS informed me that the underwriter was Hamilton now Aviva, who also wrote to me and informed me
    "Were are sorry that Aviva is not responsible for investigating the sale of your PPi policy. This is because the policy was arranged and sold by Dail4aloan through Endeavour personal finance. You purchased your policy through an independent intermediary who was appointed and instructed by you to obtain the products that you required. They were therefore acting as your agent in this matter. As there was no agency agreement between Aviva and your intermediary, Aviva cannot accept any responsibility for any advice that they might have provided."

The FOS have found no relationship between HSBC and Dail4aloan and now totally back to day one.

I refuse to give up.

Help please.

Thanks x
    Tags: None

Re: Claiming ppi from underwrtter.

Hi & Welcome to LB

I hang about here--but mainly as a "sums man"--and don't understand the intracies you are involved with

However--I am "Bumping" this for you to see if anyone else can help

Turbs

Comment

Please can you post whether the broker was Dial4aloan (part of Welcome Finance) or Dial4aloan Limited. This is most important as Aviva and the FOS have assessed this as the former but it can often be the latter. If it is indeed the latter (limited company) then you still have options.
      Take from the Greedy and give back to the Needy!

Comment

Originally posted by robin-hood View Post
        Please can you post whether the broker was Dial4aloan (part of Welcome Finance) or Dial4aloan Limited. This is most important as Aviva and the FOS have assessed this as the former but it can often be the latter. If it is indeed the latter (limited company) then you still have options.
        Take from the Greedy and give back to the Needy!
        Hello robin hood

the loan was via dial4 a loan. It was before welcome fiancé bought them out I think it was around 2005 when they did. AVIVA adamant it is nothing to do with them. I really can't see any way I will get my Ppi back. T

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X