• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disputed PP issue send on to Akinika

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disputed PP issue send on to Akinika

My son sold some new, rare, very desirable trainers via Paypal, he received the money and he sent the trainers. We believe that the buyer decided that he no longer wanted the trainers (probably cos he felt he paid too much) so he said the box was damaged and wanted to return them.

My son said no so the buyer decided to claim via PayPal and he sent us the trainers back. Those trainers are no longer worth what the original price was and this seems a little unfair.

PayPal say tough and despite us disputing the fairness they have now passed the claim debt of £330.00 onto akinika.

Can Akinika really come around to my doorstep? They can have the bloody trainers if they want them.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Disputed PP issue send on to Akinika

When you sell on Ebay a contract is formed according to their terms and conditions this includes a returns policy which the buyer has invoked and returned the goods.
    Just because the seller thinks they are worth less than the sold price is not an excuse to withhold payment its not the trainers they want its the money if they wish they can take further action coming round is unlikely if they did you are within your rights to tell then to go away as politely or impolitely as you wish

Comment

And what's the likelihood of this getting to a CCJ? i.e. Do I need to do anything?

Comment

Others will advise on the CCJ possibility some may know if Akinika take it that far to avoid it all pay it have to say IMO I cannot see a defence ..

Most of us have brought or sold on Ebay and have had problems with buyers and sellers afraid its the nature of the beast that is EBAY

Comment

Hi Munk

Imho

If the box didn't form part of the deal (ie it wasn't specifically mentioned as advertised), & the trainers were as advertised, the buyer probably can't refuse acceptance. (The trainers were not damaged?)

See http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...guarantee.html
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            Hi Munk

Imho

If the box didn't form part of the deal (ie it wasn't specifically mentioned as advertised), & the trainers were as advertised, the buyer probably can't refuse acceptance. (The trainers were not damaged?)

See http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...guarantee.html
            As the problem is with Paypal does this nullify these conditions ?

Comment

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...y-and-security
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

If that's the terms why are paypal claiming from the seller?

Comment

They say that the buyer has 14 days to decide he doesn't want the items (distance selling regulations), despite not living in the UK.

PayPal's policy is to tell the buyer to return the items to the seller and then start a claim. If there is any fault on my son's part it is that he knew he had done nothing wrong so assumed the situation would just sort itself out.

PayPal are of the opinion that the situation is a "win/win" (their words) because we have the trainers and the buyer has his money back.

I don't see this as a win/win as we now have to resell the items through no fault of ours

Comment

Originally posted by Munk View Post
                    They say that the buyer has 14 days to decide he doesn't want the items (distance selling regulations), despite not living in the UK.

PayPal's policy is to tell the buyer to return the items to the seller and then start a claim. If there is any fault on my son's part it is that he knew he had done nothing wrong so assumed the situation would just sort itself out.

PayPal are of the opinion that the situation is a "win/win" (their words) because we have the trainers and the buyer has his money back.

I don't see this as a win/win as we now have to resell the items through no fault of ours
                    Doesn't this just apply to businesses, not private individuals?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X