• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Manager (Services) Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Manager (Services) Ltd

Hello,

ive just had a couple of letters from this company chasing a debt that I last had dealings with in 2008.

from that point I've been in the forces and had no dealings with the debt since.

the letters appear to be fishing letters and essentially tell me to contact them or they'll assume I am who they think I am and will continue writing to me.

i hear a lot tonight about statute barred debts, should I just ignore the letters or send em some sort of response.

these are two debts one for £1,500 and another £7,500 (I have no idea why it's so much)! These are unsecured personal loans. They don't appear on my credit file any more so I don't have any further information on them.

What should I do?
    Tags: None

Re: Debt Manager (Services) Ltd

Good evening Ian, welcome to LB.
    To start, Statute Barred in England and Wales:

6 years with no payments or unequivocal written acknowledgment of the debt.
    The start of the relevant 6 year period depends on the type of account the debt arises from.
    For unsecured loans the would be when the creditor Demanded( recalled ) the full outstanding balance of the account.

How long ago did these come off your credit files?
    Do you recall when the last payment was made to each account?
    Who was the original credit for each debt?
    I guess that these debts have grown because of charges and interest bein added.

nem

At the moment from the information you have provided I would think these are both statute barred.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X