• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

1:Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1:Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Hi, i sent my voluntary termination letter on the 15th of this month, still havent heard anything from them? what do you recommend? that i send them another letter stating that this is my second letter or?...

Thank you

Comment

Re: 1:Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Hi Jferriday7,

It would be useful to start your own thread so that it is easier to keep track of. If you start a new thread HERE ​with the following information I can help you out:

1. Name of the lender
      2. Have you paid at least 50% of the total amount payable or is there an outstanding balance still to pay
      3. How did you notify them e.g. email, post etc. and did you keep any acknowledgements or proof of postage
      4. Any other relevant information
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob,

i have the balance now to be able to reach the 50% and am trying to arrange a date that they will pick car up, probably next Saturday, they have said i have to phone them and make payment over phone, have you ever come across anyone having problems doing this as i am reluctant to give them my card details etc, think it might be better if i do a transfer through paypal etc

Comment

Originally posted by svkl View Post
          Hi Rob,

i have the balance now to be able to reach the 50% and am trying to arrange a date that they will pick car up, probably next Saturday, they have said i have to phone them and make payment over phone, have you ever come across anyone having problems doing this as i am reluctant to give them my card details etc, think it might be better if i do a transfer through paypal etc
          Paypal might not be an acceptable option however you could offer bank transfer or cheque as an alternative. The agreement is actually terminated despite what they say anyway, so you should go ahead an keep the stance, even their terms and conditons that she has referred to does not state that you must pay before termination, just says they are entitled to it and you cannot infer something in the contract that wasn't there in the first place.

Terms of the contract does not override the law so you can go ahead and tell them that they need to collect as soon as possible and preferably Saturday which shouldn't be unreasonable as its plenty of notice.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

thanks Rob, just waiting on a call back from SMA car autions for collection, hopefully they collect on Saturday's, will probably go down the cheque route

Comment

Have sent cheque off last night and car is being inspected and collected on Wed next week, will let you know if there are any further issues, which i am sure there will be, once again thanks for all your help with this Rob

Comment

Make sure to take plenty of photographs before you hand it over, give it a good clean on the outside so your it looks presentable but no need to have it valeted just a clean yourself would do.
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Yeah will do, thanks

Comment

Thats the car picked up by SMA auctions, gave me a report stating no defects etc with car at time of inspection, never signed it anyway, took plenty of photos, so just a case of wait and see if any further issues

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X