• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim from Lowells re Vodafone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim from Lowells re Vodafone

I have been receiving many letters from Lowell solicitors saying I owe £201.47 to vodafone.
    I have ignored these as I have never had a vodafone contract or phone.
    They have now issued a County Court Claim stating if I do not pay in full I will receive CCJ against me. Total cost is £201.47 plus £25 court fee and £50 solicitor fee. This has been sent to Northampton CC.
    I need advice on what to do as I do not want a CCJ especially when its not my debt.
    Regards
    WendyG-Surrey
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim from Lowells re Vodafone

Not sure why you would ignore letters, you must have known it would have to go court at some point.

Your starting point will be to write to the solicitors and explain to them you have never owned or had a contract with vodaphone. They need to supply evidence that you took the contract out including dates and how much per month the contract was for, and the address provided on the account if that hasn't been provided to you already.

You haven't taken out a contract in your name on behalf of someone else have you? Otherwise it sounds like someone else has set it up in yor name without your knowledge.

Have you ignored any letters from Vodafone that have been sent to your address? Or have you not received any?

P.s have you acknowledged the claim yet? If they have issued it then there should be a court stamp on the papers, did the papers Coke from the solicitors or the court direct
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I ignored the letters as was advised to and not to acknowledge the claim
      I have never received any letter from vodafone and letters from lowell started last year.
      I have asked the solicitors to send me evidence of the contract.
      I will complete the form from the court which indicates the amount is £186.55 plus costs
      I have not taken out a contract for myself or anyone else

Comment

Originally posted by WendyG-Surrey View Post
        I ignored the letters as was advised to and not to acknowledge the claim
        I have never received any letter from vodafone and letters from lowell started last year.
        I have asked the solicitors to send me evidence of the contract.
        I will complete the form from the court which indicates the amount is £186.55 plus costs
        I have not taken out a contract for myself or anyone else
        Hell Wendy.

Who advised you to ignore the letters and not to acknowledge the claim?
        It is incredibly bad advice.
        Does this alleged debt appear on your credit reference files? You can check
        Noddle Free Online.
        Acknowledge service no online at MCOL state intention to defend in full But do
        not enter any defence at this stage.

Now let's try and stop this here and now.

For the Personal Attention Of
        Mr Andrew Bartle Copy to Lowell Solicitors both by signed for post
        Chief Operating Officer
        The Lowell Group
        Ellington House
        9 Savannah Way
        Leeds Valley Park
        Leeds
        LS10 1AH

Date:

Re: County Court Claim No............................

Dear Mr Bartle,

I refer to the above mentioned claim issued by Lowell solicitors regarding an alleged debt arising from
        an account with Vodafone.

Please take note:

I am not know nor ever have been a customer / account holder with Vodafone.

I have never purchased or obtained and telephone handset from Vodafone nor
        have I ever signed a service contract with Vodafone.
        I have asked for proof of my liability for this alleged debt such
        proof must be unequivocal.

I would suggest therefore Lowell should instruct it's in house solicitors to withdraw
        this claim immediately in the interest of saving costs and court time.
        nem

Comment

Many thanks for the advice.
          I have submitted online my acknowledgement and that I dispute the whole claim.
          I will post the letters recorded delivery tomorrow and hope to get a resolution to this.
          I am unsure about the credit reference agencies but I will look into this now
          Many thanks again, Wendy

Comment

Many thanks for the advice.
            I have submitted online my acknowledgement and that I dispute the whole claim.
            I will post the letters recorded delivery tomorrow and hope to get a resolution to this.
            I am unsure about the credit reference agencies but I will look into this now
            Many thanks again, Wendy
            Hi Wendy.
            So we know where we are going with this would you answer my questions in post 4 please?

nem

Comment

It was a friend who advised me to ignore and not challenge. He said that if I acknowledged it, it would mean I acknowledged the debt as mine. I was foolish to listen but he is a respected businessman.
              I have just checked on Noddle and it has been logged on my credit report. I have disputed this via Noddle also.
              Regards, Wendy

Comment

It was a friend who advised me to ignore and not challenge. He said that if I acknowledged it, it would mean I acknowledged the debt as mine. I was foolish to listen but he is a respected businessman.
                I have just checked on Noddle and it has been logged on my credit report. I have disputed this via Noddle also.
                Regards, Wendy
                All you do is acknowledge service of the claim not liability for the debt!

What exactly shows on your credit file please?

nem

Comment

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you'd like any help from me, email me with your details via the Contact form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote 'Legal Beagles'.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
                  Last edited by Vodafone Company Rep; 11th February 2016, 09:15:AM.
                  I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Regards, Wendy

It says I defaulted on this in 2013 and is the only negative thing on my report

Comment

Hi Wendy,

If you still need help with this, email me via the contact details provided in post nine.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
                      I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                        All you do is acknowledge service of the claim not liability for the debt!

What exactly shows on your credit file please?

nem
                        I have now received a letter from the court stating that 'This is now a defended claim' and that it 'Appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track'
                        It then gives me the option to challenge this by completing box C1

I have also received an email from Lowell stating that they have requested the documents from Vodafone and will forward to me when they receive them. I have received nothing from them.

If this goes to the small claims court does that mean I will have to pay, or is there a chance the Judge will cancel it due to lack of evidence?

Wendy

Comment

debtRe: Court Claim from Lowells re Vodafone

I have now received a letter from the court stating that 'This is now a defended claim' and that it 'Appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track'
                          It then gives me the option to challenge this by completing box C1

I have also received an email from Lowell stating that they have requested the documents from Vodafone and will forward to me when they receive them. I have received nothing from them.

If this goes to the small claims court does that mean I will have to pay, or is there a chance the Judge will cancel it due to lack of evidence?

Wendy
                          Hello Wendy,
                          The claim be allocated to a track is just the court process following the filing of your defence.

Complete the form and return it as directed. The claimant has 28 days from the date it receives a copy of your defence to respond to it. If they don't respond the court will stay (suspend ) the claim, please be aware that you will Not be informed so it will be necessary to phone the court to check.
                          IF this goes to trial you will be able to put your case before the judge if the claimant cannot get the documents/ agreement they cannot enforce the debt.

nem

Comment

Did LEE from Vodaphone help?

Comment

Re: debtRe: Court Claim from Lowells re Vodafone

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                              Hello Wendy,
                              The claim be allocated to a track is just the court process following the filing of your defence.

Complete the form and return it as directed. The claimant has 28 days from the date it receives a copy of your defence to respond to it. If they don't respond the court will stay (suspend ) the claim, please be aware that you will Not be informed so it will be necessary to phone the court to check.
                              IF this goes to trial you will be able to put your case before the judge if the claimant cannot get the documents/ agreement they cannot enforce the debt.

nem
                              Ok, many thanks, I will let you know the outcome.
                              Appreciate your help
                              Wendy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X