• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI damanding fee 4years later

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI damanding fee 4years later

4 years ago I asked first action ppi company to look into a loan I had with Citi. The result was the ppi had been claimed as I was off work at that time ill.

Now 4 year later Citi group have send me a letter saying that they have review my other loans and I am due compensation on them. But somehow first action have somehow got wind of this and are now damanding their fees. Now I have never signed any contract with them or had any contact from them in over 4 years but they are saying that they are entitled to the fee because it was reviewed because of the work they did 4 years ago.

They have now phoned me twice offering to reduce their fees. But I keep asking them for a copy of my sign contract that they say they have, when I know I have signed no paperwork from them. But they are still sending me invoices for their fees.

Where do I stand with this?
    Tags: None

Re: PPI damanding fee 4years later

Can you clarify the following please.

1) Who is the CMC? There doesn't appear to be a First Action PPI company. Is it First Active?

2) Did you sign a contract 4 years ago with them to claim on a Citi loan and can you be clearer on what the outcome of the claim was.

3) Do you have any of the original correspondence/paperwork from the CMC?

4) Can you post up the letter (or type the text) of the letter from Citi?

Comment

Thanks for replying to our situation. Please see below for answers.

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      Can you clarify the following please.

1) Who is the CMC? There doesn't appear to be a First Action PPI company. Is it First Active? Sorry its First Target.

2) Did you sign a contract 4 years ago with them to claim on a Citi loan and can you be clearer on what the outcome of the claim was. Yes 4 years ago. But the claim was rejected at the time.

3) Do you have any of the original correspondence/paperwork from the CMC? No but I have requested a copy of all paperwork.

4) Can you post up the letter (or type the text) of the letter from Citi?
      Please see attachment of letter.

Thanks.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by EXC; 24th January 2016, 09:05:AM.

Comment

Ok thanks. I've redacted the ref numbers and you name. For ref it's dated 15/12/15.

Obviously it doesn't reference any particular complaints but all those made to them since 2006, so did you make your own complaints prior to getting involved with the CMC which would have been around 2012?
        Last edited by EXC; 24th January 2016, 09:34:AM.

Comment

May be of use T&Cs
          http://firsttargetrecoveries.co.uk/docs/TandCs.pdf

From 2014

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ment-Regulator

A few unhappies om CAG and MSE too

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
            Is it First Target? OP said it was First Action but there's no such company as far as I can see.

Comment

1) Who is the CMC? There doesn't appear to be a First Action PPI company. Is it First Active? Sorry its First Target.

2) Did you sign a contract 4 years ago with them to claim on a Citi loan and can you be clearer on what the outcome of the claim was. Yes 4 years ago. But the claim was rejected at the time.

3) Do you have any of the original correspondence/paperwork from the CMC? No but I have requested a copy of all paperwork.
              Ok thanks. If the claim was rejected by Citi 4 years ago First Target should have informed you as such and given you the option of going to the Financial Ombudsman Service. As they clearly didn't you have a strong argument that the contract between you and First Target ended at that point.

The regulator has issued guidance that CMCs cannot charge comission on reviewed claims but only in respect of awarding additional compensation but it think it could apply to your situation. See under 'Additional Client Fees' https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...n-Aug-2014.pdf

If you can get hold of First Traget's notification to you that the claim had failed that would be helpful.

Additionally the Citi letter doesn't specify which claims it is refunding you for so we don't know if any of them are the one First Target originally made.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X