• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Closed account and satisfied on credit report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed account and satisfied on credit report

Could somebody please advise me, I received a letter from a Dca this morning threatening court action. I immediately checked my noddle credit file, the debt in question shows as closed and settled on my report on the 31/7/12. A separate listing has now shown up for the same debt dated 18/12/16 with a default. I have checked the history of this debt which was a card opened in 2002, payments listed go as far back as 2010 and the outstanding balance is exactly the same. Can you advise me of my next move shall I ask for the listing on my report to be removed.
    thanks in advance. Coop
    Tags: None

Re: Closed account and satisfied on credit report

Was there a default date on the original account?
    A separate listing has now shown up for the same debt dated 18/12/16 with a default.
    Do you mean it has a default date of 18/12/15 ???

Comment

Hi sorry about the late reply, I have checked the report and the default date is 10/09/2010 on the open account, on the closed account which states satisfied it is 31/07/2012. I am a little confused as the closed account and the open account have different account numbers but exactly the same amount owed and both accounts opened in 2002. Do you have any thoughts, thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
        Hi sorry about the late reply, I have checked the report and the default date is 10/09/2010 on the open account, on the closed account which states satisfied it is 31/07/2012. I am a little confused as the closed account and the open account have different account numbers but exactly the same amount owed and both accounts opened in 2002. Do you have any thoughts, thanks for your help
        I suspect the debt may have been sold hence the " satisfied " entry.
        On the " new " entry which company shows a the owner? Some debt
        purchasers change the account numbers to their own systems.

nem

Comment

The new company is MKDP UP the original company was Barclaycard

Comment

In the original post when I mentioned payments go back as far as 2010 on the listings I forgot to mention no payment have been made on that account
            thanks in advance Coop

Comment

The new company is MKDP UP the original company was Barclaycard
              MKDP well known here for it's extreme incompetence when it comes to issuing court claims for debts it
              has purchased.

This is not a " new" account just the progress of the account as required by the ICO,
              so it shows a true picture of the contact of the account.

With a default date 10/09/2010 the debt is not yet statute barred,
              but will fall off credit files in September this year paid or not.

Has MKDP been in touch yet?

nem

Comment

Hi, yes they have been in touch stating I have 10 days to contact them before court proceedings. I have just done the cca request and will post tomorrow recorded with the one pound postal order, I am hoping this is correct. I really appreciate everybody's advice
                Thank you Coop

Comment

Hi, yes they have been in touch stating I have 10 days to contact them before court proceedings. I have just done the cca request and will post tomorrow recorded with the one pound postal order, I am hoping this is correct. I really appreciate everybody's advice
                  Thank you Coop

Yes that spot on MKDP has 12 + 2 working days to comply.

nem

Comment

Thank you, I will keep you informed ��

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X