• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lease company siezed car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lease company siezed car

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    All a bit conjectural at the mo' but it does seem from 1st posts that vehicle was abandoned on garage forecourt and police took custody of it prior to speaking to driver.
    So they could not have known if driver was licensed or insured.

Dear all, I emailed the CEO yesterday with lots of points raised by your goodselves. I have had an email from the person he has asked to look into all the matters raised, So there may be a chance, they have said they will deal with my email as quickly as poss. I will of course provide you with details of the outcome. Thank you so much for all your time and efforts
    Sandra

Comment

The Police may have known the driver

Comment

No they didnt know the driver, it was their instinct, he would have panicked looked suspicious, what flagged it was a male driving a car with a private VKY plate, If the had checked the car its only insured for my daughter and me, no male drivers are insured to drive it

Comment

Dear all, Just to let you know after writing to the CEO I have had a call to say they will reduced the £3800 termination fee by 50 %. I have quoted wrongful termination and all the other things mentioned by yourselves and said I will be taking this up with a solicitor and the complete £3800 needs to be cancelled, they are now going to discuss with their legal team and get back to me this afternoon

Comment

Hello Beagles ! Still fighting this out with VW . I have been waiting some time for a response to this question regarding the contract.
            when you read clause 7.1.4, it does not seem to appear that it would cover instances where the vehicle has been seized as a result of theft / or through no fault of your own. Totally agree if the vehicle is seized due to the hirer's act or fault.
            REPLY - Clause 7 refers to VWFS (UK) LTD’s rights to terminate an agreement.
            Clause 7.1.4 then refers to a circumstance under which we will terminate the agreement. Seizure being one of those reasons.

The vehicle was leased to ????? and was seized. Our contract is with her and she is liable for the vehicle at all times. Irrespective of the circumstance, if the vehicle is “seized” then we have the right to terminate.

liable for the vehicle at all times. Irrespective of the circumstance seems to me to be a rather big statement from VW. Should I battle on?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X