• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need Advice for Child Custody Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice for Child Custody Case

Hello, my elder daughter is going through a custody case with her husband. Her 8 years old daughter doesn't like her father and there has been no contact in 8 months between father & daughter.

My daughter's lawyer) informed her today that the law has changed in the past 2 years and a child officer will come to her place and investigate some things from the daughter, mother & father.

We are afraid that if her daughter shows that she doesn't like her father, the child officer will then ensure she receives counseling for at least 2 months so that she will agree to see him. I have already asked with her lawyer for the legislation so that I can read it.

But I want to know that, is there any way to avoid this situation??

Please advise!
    Last edited by Kati; 6th January 2016, 12:52:PM. Reason: removed link
    Tags: None

Re: Need Advice for Child Custody Case

There are some sources available online that can help you in this context

Comment

Originally posted by chrisjuaen View Post
      Hello, my elder daughter is going through a custody case with her husband. Her 8 years old daughter doesn't like her father and there has been no contact in 8 months between father & daughter.

My daughter's lawyer) informed her today that the law has changed in the past 2 years and a child officer will come to her place and investigate some things from the daughter, mother & father.

We are afraid that if her daughter shows that she doesn't like her father, the child officer will then ensure she receives counseling for at least 2 months so that she will agree to see him. I have already asked with her lawyer for the legislation so that I can read it.

Please advise!
      Yes it is possible to avoid this situation.. One of my friend suffered from this situations as well..
      As suggested by barne..You should look for the similar cases online.
      Last edited by Kati; 6th January 2016, 12:53:PM.

Comment

Please advise!
        Well since the Children Act 1989 in England/ Wales, and America, Canada, Australia and their family law that am aware of, Children's views are important in case law and will be listened to as their opinion is important. However, your daughters is only 8 years of age and if there are problems as to why she does not like her biological father then the agencies will likely get involved and hopefully try to remedy any problems. Is there anything that you're aware of that causes your daughter to dislike her father? Why has there been no contact between father and daughter; if I may ask is something you encourage or not? If not, are there any genuine reasons why not? No one is here to judge you

Comment

Please advise!
          Are you resident in the UK?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X