• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Electrocuted!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrocuted!

Hi
    I recently (three weeks ago) purchased an electric appliance for the kitchen (a blender). The blender was plugged in and switched on at the wall but not actually switched on on the blender. I wiped it with a damp cloth to clean it and was thrown backwards and electrocuted. Fortunately my electrics tripped out and apart from being incredibly scared no further damage was done. I called an electrician in to test the product who advised me that the whole case was reading live. I want to return the item but am I entitled to do this and can I claim for the cost of the electrician and should I expect a full refund?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Sarah65
    Tags: None

Re: Electrocuted!

Yes you are entitled to return it. Try and return it within 30 days to make it easier to get a refund. You should be able to claim for the electrician as this was a subsequent loss but it could be hard. If you can get the electrician to prepare a quick report on the device.

First of all though read the instructions about cleaning the device. How damp was damp?

Comment

I was going to say am sure it would say unplugged for cleaning

Comment

Thank you so much. Only just damp (certainly not wet) but the whole case tested live - I'm a bit scared even to return it inc ase it just gets sent out to someone else, especially as blenders are used for wet foods!

Comment

When making your claim for a refund don't mention the wiping with a damp cloth while plugged in to a live socket!
          Just return it, with electrician's report, pointing out the case was live.
          Don't want to give them any wriggle room.

And in future...............water & electrics don't mix!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X