• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

disability payments and court orders.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disability payments and court orders.

Hi,I would just like to get a few pointers advice.If a creditor wins a case against you ,Can a judge take your disability payments in consideration when having to pay it?Ihave not got to this stage yet,but was just wondering,as I cant find this info on searches,Thankyou,Vale.
    Tags: None

Re: disability payments and court orders.

Hi and welcome, what 'disability payments' do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      Hi and welcome, what 'disability payments' do you mean?
      Hi,They are PIP payments

- - - Updated - - -

PIP payments,thanks,vale

Comment

I think it always advisable to disclose all income, if you get PIP because you have higher costs because of your disability then you can show them as an expense so it balances out. That's how I understand the rules anyway, someone else may be along with a better response for you.
        Enaid x

Comment

Thankyou enaid,I rely on these payments so much,That the thought of losing any to greedy debt collectors makes me feel ill.

Comment

If Income is totally made up of state benetits a claimant would have to apply
            for a ruling as to if the particular benefits are " Earnings".

HMCR on AOE 's states that state pension, pension credits, tax credits, disability benefits are not attachable.

nem

Comment

Sorry to bother,But does this mean disability payments would be protected,but any other income would be considered?My only other income is 86 pounds a week? Thanks Vale.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X