• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ claim form County Court Business Centre - Lowell Portfolio Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ claim form County Court Business Centre - Lowell Portfolio Ltd, i need help

As you did not enter a defence you could argue that you were waiting on the response from the claimant.

Did the letter from the claimant mention putting the case on hold at all?

Worth a shot asking celestine
    otherwise [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION]esis [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]
    they might be able to offer some other insight

Comment

Re: CCJ claim form County Court Business Centre - Lowell Portfolio Ltd, i need help

I am going to send a message to Celestine but I can tell you what their letters said:- The letter from Lowell Solicitors dated 23/12/15 said - Our reference: 164056046 - We refer to the above matter. We confirm we have received your letter dated 14th December 2015 requesting documents. Our client is in the process of gathering this information, we will write to you again in due course.
      The second letter I received from them was dated 30/12/2015 and said - Our reference: 164056038 - Thank you for your letter dated 14th December 2015. We note the contents and write to advise you that we have requested a copy of your Credit agreement and copies of your statements from our client and will forward the same to you upon receipt. Neither of them said they would put the claim on hold though. Thank you Noah, I really do appreciate your help

Comment

Re: CCJ claim form County Court Business Centre - Lowell Portfolio Ltd

I have merged the threads so we can see more clearly what has happened.

An application to set aside this judgment will be required.

This thread is similar but more straightforward as it raises primarily Limitation Act arguments and is therefore somewhat more 'open and shut'.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ed-CCJ-letters

In this instance the defence would be? Non compliance with CCA request? They are most certainly in breach now. What year was the card opened and when was payment last made.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Dear Celestine, thank you so much for helping me, I am at my wits end with it all so I really appreciate your help. I just did not realise that I had to put my defence in, I was waiting for them to send me the details I had requested, lesson now learnt!
          This one is for a Bank account with Halifax, I cannot remember the exact date I opened it but it was around the year 2000/01, the last payment I used the account was, I think, in late 2011. I have been contacted by lots of different companies concerning this debt, I think they keep passing it around. If this message is to you personally and nobody else can see what I write I can message you details of my circumstances, I just do not want everyone to see what I write about me, if that makes sense. I think I might not have to pay the full Court fee but I have just found the information online so I am just going to look at it to see if we qualify. Thank you for your help and sorry for not getting back to you sooner

Comment

Dear Celestine, I have found a letter written by my doctor for me to send to my creditors, the letter is dated 8th November 2011. I can message you my circumstances if you need me to but I would like to do it by private message if that is okay with you. I do not know if this is a private message but if you could let me know I would be grateful, thank you for your help

Comment

When you post on the thread we can all see it.

Click on on celestines name and then on send private message

Comment

Thank you Noah, I will do it now and thank you for your help :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Hi FedUp - I will take a proper look at this tomorrow.
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank you. I will send you a private message tonight, just so you have the background for tomorrow but just ignore me till then - Thank you and sorry for disturbing all of your weekends

Comment

Though CCA 1974 does cover overdrafts, s.77-79 does not as usually there is no 'agreement' as such.

However, the opponent appears not to have noticed this detail and has responded saying they have referred to original creditor for copy of the agreement? But at some point they will respond saying 'no can do and not relevant anyway'.

Were there loads of bank charges added to this account?

Not looking ideal unfortunately.
                      Last edited by Celestine; 4th April 2016, 10:31:AM.

Comment

Hi, oh no, I was worried you might say that. It was a bank account yes and I run the overdraft up, there was not a lot of charges put on this no, mainly just the solicitor charges.

Comment

Sorry to have to be straight. If the claim hadn't gone past judgment it might have been worth trying to defend BUT post judgment the hill gets lots steeper as you have to be able to demonstrate now (in the set aside application) that you have good grounds for defence plus good reason for the default judgment occurring.

Comment

I've just seen your PM - I will respond to that separately xxx

Comment

Hi, thank you. If any of the details in my message can be used I do have proof if needed :_tighthug__by_darkm

Comment

Thank you all so much for all your help, I have had a think about this, there is nothing I can do so I will leave it, thank you :lb:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X