• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

fraudulant phone taken out on our address now has £12K bill!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fraudulant phone taken out on our address now has £12K bill!

unsure exactly where to post this on the forum so apologies if this is the wrong place!

This sorry saga started several months ago when UPS turned up with a very small package for someone unknown at our address. I happened to have been at home and rejected this package, i.e. I didn't sign for it and insisted that the courier returned it to his depot. A month or so later a bill arrived from "EE" with this same unknown name and (obviously) our address for about £70 . I'm an EE customer myself but have an electronic bill.

Anyway I spent an hour or more ringing various EE contact numbers trying to get hold of anything approaching a "Fraud Department" (what a joke that all was, their call handlers are hopeless) and at some point I appeared to be dealing with someone with some kind of sense and responsibility. I told them that this phone (or more likely SIM card) had been obtained fraudulantly, was nothing to do with us or our address etc etc,
    "oh don't worry this phone was stopped at 4a.m. this morning".

"I want a letter from EE stating clearly that you acknowledge and accept that this is a fraudulant acount, that any and all references to credit agencies with regard to this account and my address will be removed and that if I have to spend futher time dealing with this matter EE will accept charges for my time @£28 (+V.A.T.) for every 8 minutes and parts there of"

"we don't send out letters" (really?) "but we can email you, expect to hear from us within the next 7 days".

Suffice to say I heard nothing from them. 6 weeks or so passed and we got a bill from EE, this time for just short of £11k. This arrived on the day we were off on holiday, when we came back I was exceptionally busy work wise and hadn't had the time to deal with this matter.
    Yesterday we got a lovely red letter from their collecting agents "Westcot", who have lovingly chucked on another £1171.78 as an administration fee (you've got to laugh, there's a hell of a lot of administration going on there!).

Now obviously I'm going to have to spend time and money dealing with this debacle and I will invoice EE for it at the rates above but rather than go through an endless letter writing and call making saga I'm asking if any of you good folk have had to deal with similar nonsense and if so, what steps eventually bought about a resolution?
    Last edited by yugzy; 6th December 2015, 21:01:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: fraudulant phone taken out on our address now has £12K bill!

Is it in your name if not you are not liable

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X