• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi everyone,thanks for the add.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone,thanks for the add.

Hi,i need help,i'm 23,carer,and live on 60 income support,i've had a court letter today for an orange contract i took out when i was at college in 2010.what happened was the phone broke 3months roughly before my contract was due to end,i had no insurance as i was living on 30 ema a week,i phoned they said nothing they could do so i just stopped paying the last 3months. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal as i'd paid every payment before that for over a year never missed. please walk me through what to do,it says i have to go on moneyclaim.gov to respond,i thought i'd get your advice because you all seem to know what your on about. Lowells want total 237.69, which seems extreme and i cannot afford. I did receive letters before reguarding my bill but i just ignored,because it was only for last months and i thought they would give up. Shall i offer a minimum monthly payment out my benefit? thanks for listening.
    Tags: None

Re: Hi everyone,thanks for the add.

Help anyone,cannot stop worrying,might offer them the minimum a month,does anyone no the least i can offer,i only get 60 a week. thanks

Comment

Hello and Welcome

There are some lovely people on here who give very good advice. What I do know is that you should not speak with any debt collection company. Only ever in writing.

If you have other debts then maybe a debt management plan would be helpful. An independent third party (normally a charity) looks at everything and agrees payments. The debt management plan ensures that you are ok, not pressured or unfairly treated, and that whatever you can afford is shared equally among all your creditors.

Step Change is a useful website and here is the link to Consumer Credit Counselling Service.
      http://www.stepchange.org/Aboutus/Co...ngService.aspx

Have a read and see what you think.

Chris

Comment

Ive just seen that you have another thread about your court action.
        Please post anything to do with that case in that thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X