• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston at my house today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston at my house today

Hello,

Today i came home and marston have been around my house askin for £600 for a £300 fine i knew nothin about until recently.

They sent me a letter on the 16/09/2015 called notice of enforcement in which it says i owe hm courts and tribunals service £292, it says enforcement details. A warrant has been issued by hmcs distress warrant 04/03/2011.

Complaince stage fee £75.00
    Total sum outstanding £367.36.

I was going to respond to this and try and find out what the hell the warrant was for and if i aknowledged it because i moved away from my old area and never heard anything about a warrant but i forgot.

They cam around today while i was at work 28/10/2015 and for that visit they have made the debt £602, so in the space aof almost a month they have doubled the debt. This in itself seems absurd especially when i still have no clue what the original debt was for.

How can i find out what the original debt was for and go to court to fight my case, how can i not pay this absurd amount of money, if hmcs can show my why i owe that money and it somehow turns out i do then i would be happy to pay but i was not even given a chance to prove my innocence since i moved away and knew nothing about any of this, help me please. How can i stop this bailiff, it says the next step is removing goods.
    Tags: None

Re: Marston at my house today

Narstons do both civil (debt) and criminal (Fines) for the courts

This looks like a fine to me

Driving offence, tv licence etc

You will need to contact the court here the warrant was issued, or you might try the local magistrates fines officer to do a search on your name

Comment

Re: Marston at my house today

As Judgemental says this IS for a Magistrates Court Fine and the fee they have listed are correct. All is not lost though providing you still have the Notice of Enforcement which should give the Court or group of Courts where the original case was decided. Bt then contacting the Court you should tell them you have only just been made aware of the sentence against you for which you have no prior knowledge and ask to make a Statutory Declaration to this effect. If the originating Court is a long way from you they should then allow you to do this at one local to you. You must now do this urgently as you only have 21 days since becoming aware.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X