• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi ALL! Help needed with Cabot Financial and old Egg Card!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi ALL! Help needed with Cabot Financial and old Egg Card!

[QUOTE=triumph;580891]Hi Nem,

Thank you for your response.

When I last acknowledged the debt in 2009 I never made an unequivocal admission of liability, I simply wrote regarding Egg Credit Card and informed them I was unemployed on benefits and that my situation was dire. Apex eventually gave up sending me letters.

Truimph
    Hello Triumph it's fine to send the letter just the bit I posted earlier.

nem

Comment

But please don't refer to them as Carboot:tinysmile_aha_t:

I really do have to say i am with Amethyst on this one, give as little info as possible

Comment

Truimph
        Hello Triumph it's fine to send the letter just the bit I posted earlier.

nem

Thank you all again for your assistance but I have one last question do I sign the letter or just print my name?

Thank you in advance

Comment

I have always used a fancy font in word to sign my letters and have never been asked for a real signature but if you want to sign it you can use an anti tamper strip or just do a couple of rows of XXXXXXX
          XXXXXXX

and then sign over that

The choice is yours

Comment

Originally posted by Berniethebolt View Post
            I have always used a fancy font in word to sign my letters and have never been asked for a real signature but if you want to sign it you can use an anti tamper strip or just do a couple of rows of XXXXXXX
            XXXXXXX

and then sign over that

The choice is yours
            Thank you very much

Comment

A CCA request does not require a signature but the " data controller " of the recipient is entitled to confirm that the information is going to the correct person.

A simple question would anyone like their personal data disclosed to a 3rd party who does not have to prove they have a right to have it? I guess the answer is NO.
              Last edited by Amethyst; 6th October 2015, 14:46:PM.

Comment

Just to get the facts straight

There is no legal reason why you should sign a CCA request however as said they are entitled to make sure that the info goes to the correct person. One argument is that if they have been corresponding with you at the same address for some time, do they really want to have to explain why it was ok then but isn't now.

As I said, I have never been asked for a signature and i use fancy fonts however anti tamper strips are good as is the row of XXXX, whatever you do the choice is yours

Bem
                P.S. I thought I was on ignore, please put me back on it

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  A CCA request does not require a signature but the " data controller " of the recipient is entitled to confirm that the information is going to the correct person.

A simple question would anyone like their personal data disclosed to a 3rd party who does not have to prove they have a right to have it? I guess the answer is NO.
                  I'm sorry to butt in, but from what I can see on this thread, this letter isn't a CCA request, it's just one of your custom letters which refers to a CCA request made in the past.

I know we all have our own ideas but if it was me, I'd just limit myself to say that I never had an EGG current account to start with. I know this tactic worked for someone who had one of them M&S reserve accounts who said they never had a current account with M&S without going into further detail.

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  A letter to:

Mr Ken Stannard
                  CEO Cabot
                  Address as on their letter.

Date:

Ref: Use theirs:

Dear Mr Stannard,

I refer to a letter from Cabot dated........................... in regard to an alleged debt for £ xxx.xx arising from an account with EGG for a credit card.

On date..................... I sent Cabot a request under sections 77/78/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 enclosing the £1.00 statutory fee required for this, however
                  Cabot has now returned the fee claiming the alleged debt arises from a current account

Please take note of the following points:

1. I was a customer of EGG and a credit card holder:

2. The alleged debt is statute barred under the provisions of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980.

3. Given the information above I will not now or at any time in the future make any payment or offer payment
                  in regard to the alleged debt

4. I confirm that I have not at anytime had a current account with EGG.

Cabot will now confirm by return of post that it has closed the file on the alleged
                  debt and removed all data relating to me from its records.

Failure to comply will result in a report to the FCA regarding the fitness of Cabot to hols
                  a consumer credit licence.

Use signed for post and mark the envelope " Private & Confidential "

It might be a good idea to check your credit reference for any skulduggery from Cabot, you can
                  use Noddle it's free online.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45
                    Exactly so what's your problem? A CCA request was made in the past and was ignored I think I can't be bothered
                    with nit pickers.
                    I didn't say I had a problem, just that, IMHO, I'd just have said that I never had an EGG CURRENT account, without going into further details about having had an EGG CARD. That would get them thinking rather than serving them the answer on a plate. If they then came back arguing about an EGG card which happens to be SBd, I'd have sent the SBd letter if applicable. We all have our own opinions and approaches based on different experiences and points of view.

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you very much for all your help, I have posted the letter today first class recorded delivery and will keep you updated of any developments.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X