• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My boss has said the company i word for is going bust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boss has said the company i word for is going bust

I work for a small Ltd company and i was just informed that the company will soon have the receivers in.
    I have not been paid now for 6 weeks and yet my boss is still expecting me to work and await my pay from the government when this eventually happens. I ask yesterday when this will be but he just says that he does not know. What can or should i do? I should add that i have been there 12 years so i cannot just walk away and lose all the redundancy due to me etc. Thank you hope some one can help
    Tags: None

Re: My boss has said the company i word for is going bust

Hi and welcome aboard

Originally posted by Davylad View Post
    I work for a small Ltd company and i was just informed that the company will soon have the receivers in.
    I have not been paid now for 6 weeks and yet my boss is still expecting me to work and await my pay from the government when this eventually happens. I ask yesterday when this will be but he just says that he does not know. What can or should i do? I should add that i have been there 12 years so i cannot just walk away and lose all the redundancy due to me etc. Thank you hope some one can help
    You should be able to make a claim to the Insolvency Service for things like unpaid wages, holiday pay, notice period and redundancy pay. The maximum you can claim from the fund is 8 weeks worth of unpaid wages and 6 weeks holiday pay, however, you can also claim statutory notice pay which is basically a week's notice per year of service, up to a maximum of 12 weeks, i.e. 12 weeks for your 12 years of service. Notice pay can be subject to deductions if you find alternative employment during the notice period and you are also expected to mitigate your loss, for example by claiming benefits - the amount you receive would be deducted.

You can claim statutory redundancy pay which is a week's pay per year of service when you were between 22 and 40 years old or week and a half for each year when you were over 40. Payments are capped at £475 a week.

These are separate claims and won't be paid all at the same time. It does take a while to process Insolvency Fund payments, around 3 months. Although the claim forms are available online to download, your employer should really provide them to you along with the liquidators' details because you will be expected to send your completed forms to the liquidators rather than the IS itself. The liquidators have a duty to look at the business accounts and verify that there isn't enough assets in the business to cover these payments before forwarding the forms to the IS.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X