• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

doctored exhibit in a witness statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doctored exhibit in a witness statement

I was recently taken to court by the mafia-inspired Bryan Carter Solicitors in Weybridge for a debt I was supposed to owe O2. The judge threw it out because they didn't have one original document to support their claim. Their only exhibit to their witness statement was a supposed 'copy' of a letter from O2 to me sent in 2014. In reality it was a letter they'd typed out on non-headed paper and to which they'd added a line and missed out a phone number. Fortunately I still had the original letter from O2. Because their case was non-existent the judge almost immediately threw it out and I didn't get a chance to question their doctored exhibit.

My question is: should I take out a private prosecution on the grounds that they used a document in court that they swore was 'true copy' in their witness statement - and was not - to try and extract money from me?
    Tags: None

Re: doctored exhibit in a witness statement

Originally posted by philvasili View Post
    I was recently taken to court by the mafia-inspired Bryan Carter Solicitors in Weybridge for a debt I was supposed to owe O2. The judge threw it out because they didn't have one original document to support their claim. Their only exhibit to their witness statement was a supposed 'copy' of a letter from O2 to me sent in 2014. In reality it was a letter they'd typed out on non-headed paper and to which they'd added a line and missed out a phone number. Fortunately I still had the original letter from O2. Because their case was non-existent the judge almost immediately threw it out and I didn't get a chance to question their doctored exhibit.

My question is: should I take out a private prosecution on the grounds that they used a document in court that they swore was 'true copy' in their witness statement - and was not - to try and extract money from me?
    there is nothing stopping you making a formal complaint to bryan carters then a follow through to the SRA ...i imaging a private prosecution would be costly and not very rewarding to you.

Comment

Thanks very much Joe. Unfortunately I think complaining to Bryan Carter, with their reputation, would be like throwing blood at a vampire! I will investigate the SRA angle though. Thanks again.

Comment

Formal Complaint to Carter await response ( time scale 56 days to investigate and respond) then id response is inadequate a complaint to the SRA.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X