• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

restons solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restons solicitors

hi
    I am new to the site and trying to find if there is any thing allready posted to help me
    no doubt will be asking specific questions sooner rather than later

stanbow
    Tags: None

Re: restons solicitors

best place to look is the forums! lot's of help in there, if it's restons working for cabot:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by stanbow View Post
      hi
      I am new to the site and trying to find if there is any thing allready posted to help me
      no doubt will be asking specific questions sooner rather than later

stanbow
      Welcome aboard

Restons are not exactly sweet little angels, so you need to be on your guard.

If you have received a letter from them, it would be good if you could remove your personal details and post it up so we can see if it's a letter before action which means they could go on to issue a claim. :scared:

Comment

hi
        I have attached the letter from restons and have a number of queries on her remarks re "excessive" and how a system of payment agreeable to 7 out of 8 creditors needs their approvall or am i being over optimistic?
        Attached Files

Comment

hi
          I have attached the letter from restons and have a number of queries on her remarks re "excessive" and how a system of payment agreeable to 7 out of 8 creditors needs their approvall or am i being over optimistic?
          Can you give us some more details about this debt? It seems to refer to a HSBC credit card but HSBC have acquired a number of other products, such as M&S cards that were originally storecards amongst others. A bit of history about this card would help establish your position should they decide to take matters to court as they threaten to do.
          • Was this always an HSBC card or what was it to start with?
          • When did you take it out?
          • How long ago did you default on it?
          • Is it still with HSBC, i.e. has it not been sold to a debt purchaser?
          • How much is the outstanding balance?
          • Have you ever requested a copy of your agreement (CCA request) for this card?

The letter also makes reference to 7 or 8 creditors who are also being paid, is this just by informal arrangement or through a DMP?

Strictly speaking, only a court can demand an income and expenditure form from you and/or an explanation of any of the items.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            Can you give us some more details about this debt? It seems to refer to a HSBC credit card but HSBC have acquired a number of other products, such as M&S cards that were originally storecards amongst others. A bit of history about this card would help establish your position should they decide to take matters to court as they threaten to do.
            • Was this always an HSBC card or what was it to start with?
            • When did you take it out?
            • How long ago did you default on it?
            • Is it still with HSBC, i.e. has it not been sold to a debt purchaser?
            • How much is the outstanding balance?
            • Have you ever requested a copy of your agreement (CCA request) for this card?

The letter also makes reference to 7 or 8 creditors who are also being paid, is this just by informal arrangement or through a DMP?

Strictly speaking, only a court can demand an income and expenditure form from you and/or an explanation of any of the items.
            Hi

thanks for your quick response I will answer your questions in order

Allways been a HSBC Credit Card
            1990's
            Late 2000's/2010
            Been with Restons since august 2011 think it was with MCS prior to that
            Not sure
            No CCA request
            an informal agreement that has been in place prior to restons coming on the scene in 2011
            hope this helps,at least it has given me the proverbial kick up the back side

Comment

Not originally a Midland Bank Card then????????????????????? before change of Branding??

Comment

Hi

thanks for your quick response I will answer your questions in order

Allways been a HSBC Credit Card
                1990's

Late 2000's/2010
                Been with Restons since august 2011 think it was with MCS prior to that
                Not sure
                No CCA request
                an informal agreement that has been in place prior to restons coming on the scene in 2011
                hope this helps,at least it has given me the proverbial kick up the back side
                Restons are a firm of solicitors not a debt purchaser, I can only see reference to HSBC on that letter. Did you ever receive a letter saying the debt had been assigned (sold) to anyone else? Any other letters from Restons saying who they are actually representing?

Given how old the account is, I would be inclined to send a CCA request, however, Restons being a law firm could well reject it on the basis that they are not the creditor and, knowing them, that's very likely to be the case. The CCA request normally goes to the current owner of the account who in turn has to go back to the original lender to get the documents.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X