• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New member!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member!

Hi all!
    Hope you're successful in your quest for justice!
    Can somebody please offer advice on re-opening a case for bank charges? Halifax are threatening to take me to court for an outstanding overdraft yet they still owe me in unfair bank charges. My case against them was stayed back in 2008. Thank you for any assistance you ard able to offer. Peace.
    Tags: None

Re: New member!

Originally posted by VictoriousJ View Post
    Hi all!
    Hope you're successful in your quest for justice!
    Can somebody please offer advice on re-opening a case for bank charges? Halifax are threatening to take me to court for an outstanding overdraft yet they still owe me in unfair bank charges. My case against them was stayed back in 2008. Thank you for any assistance you ard able to offer. Peace.
    Welcome aboard
    If you haven't been using the current account since 2008, any outstanding amount on the overdraft should be statute barred by now. :grin: Or did you keep using the current account after that?

Comment

Hi Flaming Parrot
      Thank you for your response.
      No I didn't continue using the account.
      1st credit purchased the so called debt from Halifax in 2013 and have been sending me letters varying in amounts since then. I responded only once during that time informing them that I did not owe them anything and they've continued to send me letters which subsequently ended up on the fire! 1st credit have now forwarded the matter to their solicitors Moon Beaver who are requesting a response from me to avoid legal action.I wasn't intending to respond but still need to recover the unfair bank charges.

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriousJ View Post
        Hi Flaming Parrot
        Thank you for your response.
        No I didn't continue using the account.
        1st credit purchased the so called debt from Halifax in 2013 and have been sending me letters varying in amounts since then. I responded only once during that time informing them that I did not owe them anything and they've continued to send me letters which subsequently ended up on the fire! 1st credit have now forwarded the matter to their solicitors Moon Beaver who are requesting a response from me to avoid legal action.I wasn't intending to respond but still need to recover the unfair bank charges.
        The charges in question would have been applied to the current account increasing the overdrawn amount, which is now statute barred. That means although the debt still exists, it is no longer recoverable through the courts. You should respond to Moon Beaver telling them exactly that. Proceedings can still be issued for statute barred debts as you will see on dozens on threads on this site. I assume the Halifax would have issued a formal demand asking you to repay the overdraft at some point in 2008 or possibly earlier.

Comment

Hi Flaming Parrot

Thanks very much for your response.

Yes Halifax did send a formal letter and I started making payments to them until I woke up!

Moon Beever have requested that I contact 1st Credit directly rather than respond to them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X