• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police Detective looking for me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Detective looking for me?

Hi, I'm looking for advice if possible. Today whilst I was at work 2 police detectives arrived at my home address (where I stay with my mum) my mum answered the door and spoke to them and they asked if she knows where I live? Am I in a relationship? Does he see his children? When was the last time he saw his children? If he is in a relationship does his partner have children? She said no comment to all questions.

Long story short, 4 years ago my ex-wife accused me of abusing my son which I can hand on heart, swear on my granddad's grave, right hand to god and all that swear that even the thought of anything like that is abhorrent to me, I love my 2 kids and would do anything for them, well I fought the accusation in a civil court as my ex-wife wanted me to have no access, hate to say after a 2 year court battle she won and I have not seen my kids in 4 years.

My question is, why would 2 police detectives be asking these questions? I have nothing to hide, I went to the police station after my work to speak to them only to be told they were finished and would have to try and contact them tomorrow.

Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

Re: Police Detective looking for me?

Chances are you will be formally interviewed make sure you have a iolicitor there

Comment

Thanks for replying, do you have any idea as to what I would be interviewed for?
      I have had no contact with the police apart from today and when questioned 4 years ago.

Thanks

Comment

First stop worrying keep a calm level head if you are interviewed it probably is nothing to worry about

Comment

Nobody here can help with what they might want to talk to you about - you know the only way you are going to find out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X