• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello all, anyone know about second charge and Deed of entitlement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all, anyone know about second charge and Deed of entitlement?

Default Interesting Case with IDEM Capital, advice required please

Hi All

Slightly complex situation but here it is, any advice appriciated.

Overview
    We have a mortgage with NRAM and a secured loan with Picture>Webb>IDEM.

We cannot make payments and are in default. NRAM looking to put us on a voluntary repossession scheme which are happy with.

IDEM have had us is court. Today was the third hearing and they didn't show as they cannot find the correct Deed of Entitlement information, witness statement and paperwork.

They asked for Adjornment via letter (not sent to us only the court) but the Judge struck out the claim as they had said they would based on second hearing and paperwork etc beign wrong.

What kind of solicitor can best give advice on this? (I.e Conveyencing, housing etc?)

Given they cannot prove Deed of Entitlement can we challenge their charge at the land registry and have it removed?

Again, your advice is most appreciated!
    Last edited by Hightimes; 27th April 2015, 11:19:AM. Reason: Spelling! fat fingers and the phone :-)
    Tags: None

Re: Hello all, anyone know about second charge and Deed of entitlement?

Hi Welcome to LB,
    Unfortunately the debt still exists, it's just not enforceable at present.
    Your first approach should be to contact Idem re the Charge and ask
    if they will remove it given their recent failure in court.
    My guess is with the possibility that the DoE, witness statement and
    other documents could be found they could attempt to re issue a claim
    it would depend on a judges opinion as to if a new claim was substantially
    different from the first one..

Any good " general " law practice would/should be able to do this, and
    I think you are wise to seek local qualified advice.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem

I've asked a local Solicitor to have a look. Seems a bit strange this one. Can't find any other examples posted up.

Thanks for taking the time to offer your reply, it has already helped move things along.

Comment

Originally posted by Hightimes View Post
        Thanks Nem

I've asked a local Solicitor to have a look. Seems a bit strange this one. Can't find any other examples posted up.

Thanks for taking the time to offer your reply, it has already helped move things along.
        Good morning Hightimes,

Happy to help!!
        If there is anything more we can do please come back to this thread.

Good Luck!!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X