• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Informal conciliation help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informal conciliation help

Evening everyone .I am going to a conciliation meeting this week and have a couple of questions .
    I am a consumer seeking compensation from a business , must the representative of that business be authorised by the owners to make a decision on the compensation ?

Secondly , they have monitored CCTV , monitored access , and security fencing . They are saying that these security measures are NOT for the protection of my goods , the storage container the goods are in or the site itself .i have done some research and they advertise on the Internet in different places that all there sites are covered by monitored 24 hour CCTV , and monitored access keypads . They also explain about the security measures and tell you they are for your benefit before signing up with them .

My question is , would it be breach of contract , advertising and offering a service when in fact when challenged they say it isn't for the customers benefit ?
    Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Informal conciliation help

Having read back through your earlier posts I would suggest they are possibly in breach of the Misrepresentation Act 1967.

Many years ago I arranged to purchase materials for a house renovation from a particular merchants, because they verbally promised deliveries within 24 hours of ordering.
    When it came to the window frames they failed by several weeks.
    Because their sales catalogue claimed the frames were available "ex stock" (ie advertised), it was held this over rode the standard T&Cs of their contract where it said they could not guarantee delivery times

I would suggest you have a similar situation where the advertised service does not match the contracted service.
    You, however were induced to enter a contract which did not match the offer, ie misrepresentation
    As a consumer (not a business) you were at a disadvantage.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X