• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Incorrect registering of a Default by British Gas????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect registering of a Default by British Gas????

Hi, I would love to hear peoples views/advice on an issue I have, I purchased Experian last year to check my credit file and I have a great rating bar 1 delinquent/default registered by British Gas?, I raised a query with Experian and received a reply advising that the default was correct, no details provided as to why/what?, so I left for a while and again after checking my report it stated I was 6 payments down for a period back in 2010, so this time I decided to go direct to British Gas and raised a complaint and after investigation they advised that it was incorrect and they will get removed?, I was very unhappy that firstly they had registered a default, but when I queried it they stated it was correct and now after 5 years they advise it was incorrect and will remove it, I responded to them advising that I did not accept there apology and they have now come back to me with an offer of £50 compensation, this default may have caused me untold expense and I may have had to pay extra for loans and credit due to my incorrectly registered default, can anyone advise what I am expected to receive as compensation and what I can actually do about it?, thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Incorrect registering of a Default by British Gas????

Hello Platty
    This stinks to high heaven. I do not know what you should do so I am giving this a bump. I am sure one of the clever beagles will help.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: Incorrect registering of a Default by British Gas????

I think your problem in forcing any more out of them is your use of the word "may" in the final sentence " this default may have caused me untold expense and I may have had to pay extra for loans and credit due to my incorrectly registered default, "
      If you can't quantify your loss, you cannot claim it.
      It doesn't seem to have caused much distress as you "left it for a while" so there's no much chance of claiming for that.

Are you sure the default has been removed from all credit reference agencies?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X