• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Landlord British Gas Homecare agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord British Gas Homecare agreement

Hi ,
    My Boiler broke down 5 months ago under the British Gas Landlord Homecare agreement.
    When it happened during the winter, they refused to repair it and said that it was an old boiler and no parts available. They didn't even provide me any alternative heating system! they just rendered the boiler useless and off they went.
    I invited 2 separate independent inspectors to check the boiler and they told me that British gas acted inappropriately.
    I then went to British gas and put an appeal fight on. Long story short, they have finally decided, they will be repairing the boiler after 5 months. I am a Landlord and I have lost two months of rent and also have to look for a new tenant.
    Can anyone please advise me, if I could claim loss of rental income from British and any other claim etc?
    There are so many evidences of misconduct from British Gas and they tried to cover up in the process but eventually gave up and repaired it.
    I have been so depressed about this and it is upsetting to be let down by an established that I have trusted for several years.
    Please help!

Re: Landlord British Gas Homecare agreement

Sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble, I suggest you submit a complaint to BG and include as much information as you can, ie copies of any reports from the other inspectors and proof of any costs you've incurred. Your complaint will be reviewed and an outcome provided to you. I can't say for sure what you will be awarded in terms of compensation though. A case involving quite a substantial amount of money would automatically be escalated for review. You are, of course, entitled to take your complaint to the FOS if it is not resolved at the eight week stage and also within six months of the date of the final response if you are dissatisfied with the response you receive. Hope this helps in some way :-)

Comment

A Formal Complaint to BG But not to customer (dis) service, (no authority and little knowledge).

Put this to the CEO/MD BG a formal complaint requires a full investigation and response within 56 days from my experience this route gets much quicker response.

nem

Comment

Thank you very much for you help!

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          A Formal Complaint to BG But not to customer (dis) service, (no authority and little knowledge).

Put this to the CEO/MD BG a formal complaint requires a full investigation and response within 56 days from my experience this route gets much quicker response.

nem
          Thank you all! I have contacted British Gas CEO/MD/Operational Managers and they have repaired my boiler and also giving me some compensations. Many of the senior managers are very compassionate, so I will urge anyone having a difficult situation with them, to speak to their senior managers, which in my case they listened and helped me....

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal View Post
            Thank you all! I have contacted British Gas CEO/MD/Operational Managers and they have repaired my boiler and also giving me some compensations. Many of the senior managers are very compassionate, so I will urge anyone having a difficult situation with them, to speak to their senior managers, which in my case they listened and helped me....
            Good result!!
            It is always best to start a complaint at the top of the " pile"
            nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X