• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi and looking for advice re small claims court please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi and looking for advice re small claims court please

Originally posted by Muggles View Post
    PM sent.
    Thank you.

#Nem

Comment

Haven't forgotten was called away this morning will post later.

nem

Comment

No problem, thanks.

Comment

No problem, thanks.
          At last a few minutes to concentrate on this for you.

Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

I have received your unsigned letter dated xx.xx,xxxx in which you allege that I have at sometime in the past withdrawn the sum of
          £1000.00 from a " savings account " opened in your name I know wish to address a number of points arising in your letter,

1. As you are fully aware I have not at any time had the ability or authorisation to access said account, nor have I ever attempted so to do.
          2. You allege that I am in possession of equipment owned by you valued at £1200.00 this is I believe " scuba" equipment purchased by myself for approximately £ 400.00 around (date).
          3. I cannot see any justification whatsoever for your claim for £1000.00 an this claim is totally refuted..
          4. I Cannot see any merit in your " request" for me to make an offer of payment in regard to your claim.
          5. Should you consider litigation your claim and allegation will be robustly defended.

Let me know if I can help anymore.

nem

Comment

Nem thank you very much for your help with this. It is far better than anything I had come up with!! I really appreciate your time. One question......is it necessary to write "Without prejudice" on this or is it ok as is?

Comment

Ok I think I have found a definition which suggests I do not use this wording as it has not yet escalated into a dispute and no offer is being made. If I have misunderstood this then please let me know. Thanks

Nem thank you very much for your help with this. It is far better than anything I had come up with!! I really appreciate your time. One question......is it necessary to write "Without prejudice" on this or is it ok as is?

Comment

Never use without prejudice, it means you will not be able to rely on the contents of any document headed in that manner .

nem

Comment

Great, thanks again. This is what I understood from the definition I read. Hopefully this will be the end of it. Appreciate all your help.

Regards

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  Never use without prejudice, it means you will not be able to rely on the contents of any document headed in that manner .

nem

Comment

Happy to help Muggles.
                    I hope all this works out in the end!!

nem

Comment

I have responded to a PM from Muggles containing personal information.
                      This matter is ongoing and involves allegations which I think are not for an
                      open forum.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X