• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

warrant without bail?? help plz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warrant without bail?? help plz

I have received a 'warrant without bail outstanding for your arrest' for unpaid fines, I know this is my fault and it should have been sorted sooner, I have rang the court and they have told me I need to go to court, I told them I will go Monday afternoon, I want to pay this fine which is for £1,876, but I can only afford £40 a month as I'm registered disabled and receive disability allowance, my partner works but his wage barely covers the bills so 40 is really all I can afford, my worry is that I may be sent to prison, I have a 5 yr old daughter and I'm due to have surgery on my spine this year, can anyone tell me if there's a possibility I will be sentenced and has anyone got any advice plz
    Tags: None

Re: warrant without bail?? help plz

You should inform the court of your health and family situation.
    Has an appointment been allocated fro Monday?
    As long as you surrender your self to the court I suspect you
    will be arrested, cautioned and bailed if you cannot be brought
    before the magistrates or a District Judge.

nem

Comment

Hi, thanks, I did tell the court I am registered disabled and u asked if I could offer a Payment plan to them but she no its either paid in full or you have to attend court ant morning at 10 or any afternoon at 2pm, I told her I would attend Monday and she said she would make a note of it, I think I just have to turn up at court and let them know I received the letter and want to try and sort it, I've read a few posts on other sites where people have asked the same question as me and a few of the replies were that you can be sent to prison,

Comment

It is of course possible for a custodial sentence to be passed,
        Yes as said you must attend on the day if not you could/would be arrested
        and detained until you can be brought before a court.

Comment

You will not be sent to prison if your offer is reasonable and isn't shown to be "culpable neglect" in failing to pay the fine. More than that is impossible to say without knowing more of the circumstances.

Comment

The court be it the magistrates or the District Judge will take everything into consideration.
            You should be given a "means statement" form to complete when you arrive at court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X