• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hello everyone,im a newbee.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello everyone,im a newbee.

hello,can anyone help me please,14 or 15 years ago tsb gave me a bank loan,unfortunately i havent paid a penny off this loan as i ended up unemployed after i took it out,now for a few years ive been receiving letters asking me and telling me that they will take me to court or send someone around to collect installments but nothing has happened,now i was wanting to know do i have to pay or start to pay this after so many years????and do rossendales have any power to levy goods on this????i have had a letter from rossendales saying that the other company have had no re-response from me and now they are taking it over,i already have an open case for council tax with them and im keeping my payments,can they do anthing thanks for reading this hope to get some help.
    Tags: None

Re: hello everyone,im a newbee.

Hi tenchman and a warm welcome to Legal Beagles.
    When did you pay anyhting on the debt or acknowledge the debt was yours?

Comment

You may wish to have a read Here this has all info regarding bailiffs and what they can and can not do.
      Your debt may also be Statute barred if the time scales are right info on that Here

Someone will be along with more help but may need a little more info from you

Enaid x

Comment

Hi can you tell me if this debt appears on your credit reference files?

I presume this is "ro
        Rossendales Collect" the debt collection arm not the Bailiff arm?
        When was the last payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment of this alleged debt?

My feeling here is that the debt is statute barred = 6 years without any payment or written acknowledgment and no relevant contact from the original creditor or nay 3rd party i.e. County Court Claim, the generic "debt collection" letters and demands for payment from the OC or any DCA are Not relevant contact.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
          Hi tenchman and a warm welcome to Legal Beagles.
          When did you pay anyhting on the debt or acknowledge the debt was yours?
          i havnt paid a penny of the loan.and it must be 4 or 5 years ago i spoke to someone on the phone,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X