• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

moorgate, CCA or application.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moorgate, CCA or application.

hello all, thanks for letting me join.
    i took out a credit card with halifax in 2001, to cut a long story short my wife had an hemoregenic birth which as you can imagine, being newly weds was a scary time for us.i defaulted and card got moved to moorgate. i payed some of the balance off, under 5000.
    ive asked for a CCA.However what moorgate sent back is one piece of paper, the original piece i signed which is very basic to say the least .on the back is an unreadable paragraph vaguely say something about interest the rest looks like for want of a better term fly poo.thats how small it is .very faint as well .
    so is this enforcable or is it an application form .
    the account is on hold for 3 months because i dont earn enough to repay it at the moment all though this could well change.should i re-apply for proper cca of do i have it already

any help with this and moorgate
    is very much appreciated.

ps i made a full settlement offer of 1500 (family loan ) moorgate refused. bal.3480

kind regards.
    Tags: None

Re: moorgate, CCA or application.

You will need to post a copy up, personal details blanked out.

A lot of "application forms" from that time were not compliant CCAs, even if they happen to state on them that they are a "credit agreement".

BUT we need to see a copy before anyone can form any sort of real informed opinion.

Comment

hi,
      thanks Nibbler, i will post a copy this afternoon for everyone.

thanks again

Comment

hi Nibbler,
        i hope the attachment of cca/comes through for all to view ..

regards
        Attached Files

Comment

here is the reverse side cca sent by moorgate,
          any help much appreciated.
          Attached Files

Comment

heres a better view of front , is this a CCA.

thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

It doesn't look like it has all the prescribed terms required to make it a properly executed agreement :thumb: but it's hard to make out much on the copies you've posted. Are your own copies as illegible as that?

Comment

this is the only copy i have , thats all they sent along a returned £1.00.i cant read it either as its to small.

regards

Comment

If your copy is illegible and it hasn't got all the terms then the account would be unenforceable. :thumb: :grin:

See here for a response you can send: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...134#post435134

Comment

many thanks,
                    the terms are illegible and therfore not complete as i can now see from your previous threads.
                    im copy pasting your letter template on illegibility as well and i will let you know the outcome.No doubt moorgate will be their best to be a royal pain in the rear.

Comment

hi all
                      just recieved a reply from moorgate in the letter they have includeda statement of last 7payments and saying this is in accordance withh credit act 1974 and is legal,i consider this to be unsatisfactory if you consider letter template for prescribed legible terms as there isnt any terms.
                      am i right in thinking this or should i be worried ....

any help is imensely welcome

Comment

I'd just wait to hear from them (or someone else) about this account, then you can respond saying the account is in dispute due to lack of legible terms supplied, etc. Do post up when you get any letters. :typing:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X