• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

T5 scam? Looking for opinions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T5 scam? Looking for opinions!

Hi guys

I've joined today to see if you guys can help with the situation I'm in, and maybe shed some light on this scammer that I believe to be trying to sell me a T5 Transporter. Maybe someone has heard of him before? He goes by the name 'DAVIDE'?

So this is my story... I think this could be like many others... like a child's fairy tale... and I so nearly fell for it!

Currently looking for a van on all the well known sites, I find one on gumtree that looks perfect, a sparkling red T5 09 with 70k on the clock. I text them, then a couple of days later I get a text back from, not a number, but 'davide44150' guessing this is sent from a computer, asking if I could contact him through this email address - 'davide@sag14********

Suspicious of the domain, I created a new email to reply to him saying I was very interested... this is one of the replies:

The listing is ended now.Photos attached.

Currently I am in Ullapool, Scotland. Due to my location and since view is not an option I agree for a 5-7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the van). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the van for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!

Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the van back on my cost!
    You can read more about it following the link below:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/contextual/return-policy.html

Let me know if the above return policy is acceptable and if you want to purchase the van please confirm your PayPal email for further instructions.

Thank You

Davide

He also says it is in a milatry garage and if it gets sold he will get it deliverd.

I have to admit I was soooo very nearly about to give him my real email address as he goes on about paypal saying its super safe....and that's how I've ended up here!!

So my questions, if you good people can help me are:
    -Is this the inevitable scam or could it be legit if he wants to use paypal?
    He did give a land line number aswell...Should I report him?...Should I create a new paypal account with no banks attached to see what I get back? As you can tell I've been going around and around with the facts and what to do! I'm not a rich man and like the majority of us can't afford to be scamed..

Thanks for reading and any comment or help would be appreciated.

Kai

Tags: None

Re: T5 scam? Looking for opinions!

If in doubt WALK AWAY

Comment

Agreed, this one has 100% scam written all over it. If you are willing try to get the bank account details from them via their "invoice", if you manage to do so please pass on to me ASAP so we can get it closed before anyone less savvy than you falls victim to it :okay:

I have also emailed you.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Ahh thank you, I think he still thinks im interested...I will try and get the info...I feel like a real time crime investigator...ironic or what just from trying to buy a van. Heres another one to leave a sour taste in your mouth. I have been txting a genuine seller for a couple of days, and only tonight the add changes from £5000 to £3500, thought my luck was in!! but as i looked closer the last number of his telephone number had one added to it, annnd the @ domain was different on contacting them? I now have an email from a alice infont of me with a very similar story about Scotland and work commitments... unreal...I feel angry

Comment

T5's are a popular scam choice, be careful you haven't strayed onto a fake copycat site and entered any login details, if so you need to change passwords asap.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Alice is well known to this forum and yes its a scam

Comment

And it seems they may have highjacked a genuine ebayers account.......again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X