• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claim

Hi, i am new to the site but would like to make an inquiry on behalf of my sister.
    In Oct 2008 she took out a loan with her bank for £15k over 7years to pay off an existing loan and credit card debt. She was sold ppi for the loan which she agreed to as she was single and employed and thought she would have no way to make her repayments if anything happened to her..
    As the loan finishes next year she was going through her paperwork and found that she has also been paying monthly for Life assurance that her bank set up at the same tine, presumably to cover her loan repayments as well.
    She originally thought that this separate payment was her loan insurance which in fact is actually included i n her monthly loan repayments.
    Sorry if this sounds confusing but my question is should have been paying 2 lots of loan insurance and can she claim what she has paid back as i believe that she was mis-sold both products as she didn't really require either of them?
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: PPI claim

Life assurance and PPI are 2 different insurances as you may know.
    Life assurance pays out if you die during the loan period.
    PPI pays out for illness, redundancy or accident.
    Is there a reason your sister thinks she was mis sold the PPI ?

Comment

Re: PPI claim

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      Life assurance and PPI are 2 different insurances as you may know.
      Life assurance pays out if you die during the loan period.
      PPI pays out for illness, redundancy or accident.
      Is there a reason your sister thinks she was mis sold the PPI ?
      I think she was mis-sold the life assurance rather than the ppi as she didn't ask for that , i can only think it was done by the bank because of the amount of the loan.
      She didn't want or ask for the life assurance and it does seem unnecessary as she already had the ppi.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X