• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ over 6 years old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ over 6 years old

Hello there wanted a bit of advice regarding a CCJ that is 13 years old. Have revived a letter from a DCA stating that I need to pay a debt from the student loan company. Have wrote them a letter stating that since the CCJ is more then 6 years old they would have to apply to the court for enforcement and also that I wanted a copy of the original CCJ . Had a reply stating that I still need to pay . Any advice please . Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ over 6 years old

Originally posted by Burger100 View Post
    Hello there wanted a bit of advice regarding a CCJ that is 13 years old. Have revived a letter from a DCA stating that I need to pay a debt from the student loan company. Have wrote them a letter stating that since the CCJ is more then 6 years old they would have to apply to the court for enforcement and also that I wanted a copy of the original CCJ . Had a reply stating that I still need to pay . Any advice please . Thanks
    Loans taken out before July 1998 are subject to the CCA and so become SB after 6 years with no written acknowledgement or payment towards the debt from the cause of action. Post July 1998 the loan would never become SB.

If yours is SB, this letter should be sent to the creditor:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ed-Debt-Letter

Comment

tha
      Originally posted by Wombats View Post
      Loans taken out before July 1998 are subject to the CCA and so become SB after 6 years with no written acknowledgement or payment towards the debt from the cause of action. Post July 1998 the loan would never become SB.

If yours is SB, this letter should be sent to the creditor:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ed-Debt-Letter
      Thanks for your reply. The DCA have said that a CCJ was issued in 2001 so that the debt cannot be SB even after 6 years . I understand that after 6 years the DCA have to apply to the court to get the CCJ enforced is this correct? And if so what should my next move be . Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I thought it would have been SB but the DCA Have said that since a CCJ was issued in 2001 that it can not be SB. Sent the DCA a letter asking for evidence of any CCJ and also that after 6 years they would have to apply to the court to enforce any claimed CCJ is this correct? If so what should my next move be . Thanks

Comment

Do you actually mean that there was a court judgement placed on this loan in 2001?
          If that's the case then it can't become statute barred.

Comment

My understanding is that enforcement action becomes statute barred after 6 years

Comment

Think that s24 Limitation Act applies -

ORDINARY TIME LIMITS FOR DIFFERENT CLASSES OF ACTION
              Miscellaneous and supplemental
              24 Time limit for actions to enforce judgments.
              (1) An action shall not be brought upon any judgment after the expiration of six years
              from the date on which the judgment became enforceable.

Comment

I'm still not clear if this is actually a CCJ, or referring to a defaulted account, because repayable student loans only started in 1998 I think.

Comment

Was this a Student loan from public funds or a Bank loan?

Comment

Think it was from public funds .

Comment

On the web there is advice on Student loans from when they started 1998? are you sure you have had a CCJ for this?

Comment

Which DCA is chasing, and what exactly did they say about the debt?

Comment

No I'm not sure but the DCA have said there is in 2001 as I was trying to use the SB law , but my understanding is you can't SB a debt with a CCJ .

Comment

But surly after 13 years the DCA would have to apply to the court to enforce it.

Comment

The DCA is DRYDENSFAIRFAX solisitors . There saying that the debt is fron an original student loan in 1994 and that a CCJ was obtained in 2001, claim number XT164054. As CCJ's disappear after 6 years I have no idea if this is a real or fake claim number.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X