• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello Beagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Beagles

Looking for a little help with a complaint against my local Halfords Autocentre. Took my car in for a service after 55k miles, and about 3 days after the service (£250), the fuel line broke. Local garage said that the autocentre incorrectly fitted the fuel filter and fuel line, meaning that it detached when I was doing 65 mph on the motorway.

Am asking for my expenses for the repair, and also for the day holiday I was forced to take as I couldn't make in into work, as well as the fuel that I lost on the motorway. They are only currently willing to pay the cost of the repair.
    Tags: None

Re: Hello Beagles

You will be entitled to the lost fuel, as it was lost as a direct result of their failure. Holiday is a different story.

Comment

It is lost time that was directly from the fault caused from a faulty service. Surely it counts as an out of pocket expense as these are not paid days of holiday?

Comment

If you were forced to take an unpaid day off work, that is not holiday.
        You could claim loss of a days wages (but you might not get it)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X