• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays PPI/FOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays PPI/FOS

Hello all. Just joined the site and i was looking for some advice on handling an issue with Barclaycard PPI and the FOS.

I received a letter from FOS stating that they're not upholding my complaint against Barclays. I set a rejection letter back for which they responded promptly stating they have closed the file on my case!

Just would like some guidance on what to do next as I have read through some of the posts on here with a similar experience from both companies.

Appreciate your help.

Many thanks.

Caprio97
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays PPI/FOS

Hi there I'm also in the same position, I had a cc taken with egg in 2002 this was done online. It's been transferred to barclaycard in 2011 I sent in forms for ppi misselling and have received a rejection today on the grounds of them saying this was online app and also I apparently asked if pre existing conditions were covered to be informed they were.

I find it hard to believe that I had taken this out to begin with as ive always had a secure job and get paid 12months on the sick. Also if it was a online app how could I have asked about pre existing condition??

any help would be gratefully appreciated xx

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky5072 View Post
      Hi there I'm also in the same position, I had a cc taken with egg in 2002 this was done online. It's been transferred to barclaycard in 2011 I sent in forms for ppi misselling and have received a rejection today on the grounds of them saying this was online app and also I apparently asked if pre existing conditions were covered to be informed they were.

I find it hard to believe that I had taken this out to begin with as ive always had a secure job and get paid 12months on the sick. Also if it was a online app how could I have asked about pre existing condition??

any help would be gratefully appreciated xx
      Hi Vicky and thanks for your response. I'm not so sure about your predicament with Barclays but i would see if you get any joy with the Financial Ombudsman Service to see if they can handle your complaint. Unfortunately I haven't had much joy with FOS and from reading even more posts on here I'm beginning to think all financial institutions are siding with one another to survive this whole PPI mess. x

Comment

Originally posted by caprio97 View Post
        Hi Vicky and thanks for your response. I'm not so sure about your predicament with Barclays but i would see if you get any joy with the Financial Ombudsman Service to see if they can handle your complaint. Unfortunately I haven't had much joy with FOS and from reading even more posts on here I'm beginning to think all financial institutions are siding with one another to survive this whole PPI mess. x
        Thanx I was thinking about that. I have been thinking about ur situation but I was under the impression that if the fos had a final ruling that that was it. I could b wrong tho. Xx

Comment

Hi caprio97;

In your post you dont say wether it was the adjudicator or ombudsman that delt with it. If it was the adjudicator you can ask for it to be esculated to the ombudsman if it was the ombudsman there is know right of appeal

Comment

Hi Mark. It was the Ombudsmans final decision. I received a letter from them on the 14th August. I also received another letter from Barclaycard after i had spoken to them via phone about the additional information i had found from when i took the card out back in 1995. They're also unable to change the outcome and have suggested i go back to FOS to investigate my claim in in certain circumstances!!!? Gosh i really do not understand why after i have been successful with another card (Northern Rock) that Barclaycard is any different.
            I did see on some other forum that some people have complained to the CEO but god knows what i would say in detail after almost 4 years of trying to sort this out. Hit a brick wall :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Hi Vicky. I have seen some people have gone further by taking this to court but i'm sure as to what to do on that front. After the responses i have had now from both the FOS and Barclaycard i may have to go down this route. I do hope you get somewhere with your matter x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X