• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Draft directions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft directions?

Hi everyone and first of all I must apologise if this is not the correct area to post this.

i have received a notice of allocation or listing hearing and the reasons given are track, expert evidence and directions.

claim is for issues with a new build property which is against the builder in small claims track. Some 200 pages have been provided inform of witness statement covering correspondence, snagging, chartered surveyors report, NHBC report, photos etc.

the bit I do not understand is that directions are an issue so I presume will be discussed at this meeting. However draft directions are required 5 days before.

not knowing what form these directions take, and that they are being discussed at this meeting, how can I provide draft directions beforehand?

i rang the court and was advised that these draft directions are simply items I wish to raise for discussion at this meeting. However defendants solicitor states this is incorrect. But then they also argue black is white and white is black according to facts of my claim despite supplied evidence etc and cannot provide evidence to back this up other than threats of spiralling defence costs which they seem to think they can recoup or ask to recoup.

i find the whole issue of dealing with a defendants solicitor intimidating and almost threatening being an ilitigent.

hope someone may be able to advise.

kind regards

matt
    Tags: None

Re: Draft directions?

What is the value of the claim Matt?

It isn't normal to have these processes on a small claim.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
      What is the value of the claim Matt?

It isn't normal to have these processes on a small claim.
      less than 6000.

defence tried to get claim struck out based on time but it was issued through mcol within 6 year period. Particulars of claim had to be resubmitted due to max amount allowed online.

defence state my claim is not cpr compliant. I was advised to state defects were supply of goods and services act 1982. Defective premises act 1971 is perhaps more apt but both have been used in other cases I have researched.

just not sure what I have to do with draft directions and if being told wrong by defence solicitor or court person I spoke to. Being an ilitigent does not help and feel I am being taken advantage of as a result.

Comment

Are you able to post your PoC and their Defence, having removed any identifying information.

They must say in what way claim is not compliant with CPR.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X